Got Contract. Now What? - Posted by Robin

I think you missed… - Posted by David Alexander

Posted by David Alexander on July 03, 2001 at 24:25:52:

the point. Meaning that their is a law of supply and demand and if you have 25 buyers then he was telling you to increase your price… maybe make an extra 5 or 10k or so and get a new appraisal, I’d take that trade 300 bucks or so for that kind of return.

That’s what Joe does… he gives sweet succint and solid advice to make you MORE MONEY…

Isnt that what your after?

As far as sharing info or not sharing… once you’ve truly been in RE long enough you realize their are no secrets… just different twists on old ideas… but the fundamentals are all the same.

One more thought, seems you have a chip on shoulder because only one person responded to your post… We all come here because we enjoy and learn… If your post isnt getting answers, then repost, maybe change the heading… It’s all in the marketing.

But I gotta tell ya, you’ll get further faster with all the help from the people here… especially the Joe K’s, who know their stuff… so why create animosities from the get go.

Hope your RE career is long and fruitful, but more than that filled with the wealth of money and knowledge.

See ya around,

David Alexander

Re: 2 dozens contracts . . . come on! - Posted by Matt B

Posted by Matt B on July 03, 2001 at 09:15:58:

Actually, Robin, my post was not written because I was “upset” by someone else not “playing by my rules”. I was actually concerned for you, believe it or not. I see a lot of real estate investing newbies get suckered by so called “investors” promising them all sorts of things, if they just let the “investor” use their money or their credit or their property or whatever.

What made me REAL suspicious was the fact that this guy didn’t want you to tell anyone how they were doing this deal. As David Alexander stated above, those of us who have been in the biz for a while realize that there is nothing so truly unique that we need to hide it and keep it for ourselves. We realize that most methods are simply a different twist to something that has been around for a while.

Now these “twists” may be new, but it raises red flags in my head when I hear about someone who is more concerned about hiding information. Now my concern over you and your deal came about because this person expressed concern that you had posted even partial details about your deal on a forum where other investors read. This made me think that perhaps this guy had something other than just a great trade secret to hide.

OK, well, if you’re comfortable with the deal, and your attorney is comfortable with the deal, I wish you luck. I hope everything goes smoothly. I usually only directly respond to posts asking for lease option advice, which is why I didn’t respond with help on yours. However, my advice to those who need it is free and I don’t tell anyone to hide what I’ve told them. Maybe I’m the weird one. Any way, good luck on your deal.