Give them a chance to say NO! - Posted by Mark-NC

Posted by phil fernandez on December 26, 2000 at 18:05:30:

Great advice Bud. Are you going to the convention this year?

Give them a chance to say NO! - Posted by Mark-NC

Posted by Mark-NC on December 25, 2000 at 19:52:32:

The REI club I belong to sends out a flyer each month to all of their members. On Ocassion they will put in a short motivational article or event.

Now if you are anything like me an occasional boost is just what the doctor orderd. So I thought I would share the simplicty and power of the article.

The article says;

Give them a chance to say NO!
Try this. Give several people a day the chance to say NO! Is there something you want someone to do for you? Do you need a loan, want better terms, want a discount on a note your paying on, do you want to buy a property? Give the person who can bennifit you the opportunity to say NO! What is the worst that could happen? They Said No! But what if that person says YES! You will never know untill you ask. And don’t be afraid to try some really rough ones and see what happens.

There is another one of these I like that is in LeGrands material that he calls SW,SW,SW. Simply PUT;

SOME WILL
SOME WON’T
SO WHAT

I like it, It’s simple and it helps portray the attitude that’s needed to put these deals together.

Mark

Mark Excellent Advice - Posted by phil fernandez

Posted by phil fernandez on December 26, 2000 at 15:17:50:

Mark,

Thanks for the excellent advice. Time to call all of the guys that are holding mortgages on my properties for a discount. LOL.

Re: Give them a chance to say NO! - Posted by Bud Branstetter

Posted by Bud Branstetter on December 26, 2000 at 13:30:28:

Mark,

This ties in with the five minute program that Claude Diamond speaks about in his “Sales-the Million Dollar Skill”. Anything that you want to get accomplished but may be less desirable to do, you commit to doing it five minutes a day. Some days you may do it for more but always at least the five minutes. But as you say unless you take those five minutes and give them the opportunity you’ll never get much accomplished.

Re: Give them a chance to say NO! - Posted by Greg in Dallas

Posted by Greg in Dallas on December 25, 2000 at 21:09:51:

Great post Mark! May I add a fourth SW…? “Someone’s Waiting.”

Happy Holidays!
Greg

Re: Give them a chance to say NO! - Posted by Stacy (AZ)

Posted by Stacy (AZ) on December 25, 2000 at 21:07:08:

I like it, Mark. I’ll try to remember that one. Too many times we presuppose the other party will say “no” when in reality we are projecting our own thoughts and emotions. We have no business doing that…that’s their realm.

By the way…SW, SW, SW, SW. You forgot “Someone’s Waiting”.

Merry Christmas to you and yours.

Stacy

Re: Mark Excellent Advice - Posted by Bud Branstetter

Posted by Bud Branstetter on December 26, 2000 at 17:39:23:

Phil,

I like Legrands approach to asking for a discount on mortgages. Send them a fedex so that it arrives on Wednesday. You say in a letter that you are going to have some funds available for a short time. If they will discount it to the figure you mention they sign the attached agreement and return it by Friday. You don’t give them time to think about it, shop it or decline.