Getting Started? - Posted by Stacy

Posted by Rick Henderson on May 29, 2001 at 09:39:38:

What about students coming in for university? Are you close to either UofM or MSU? Even if there aren’t a lot of students (or new profs!) looking for housing now… just wait till Mid August!

Getting Started? - Posted by Stacy

Posted by Stacy on May 22, 2001 at 11:45:11:

I bought my CS program about 2 months ago and have listened to the entire thing. I am afraid I still don’t know where to start. I am a school teacher who just got layed off, got married, bought a house and I am having a baby in 1 month.

I wasn’t planning on getting layed off and now that I am I’m scared to death to start with the real-estate thing. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to start when you have no money???

All the money we have is going to go into our family home. We won’t have another income.

I understand the whole money down techniques idea but what if you can’t rent it out right away? Or don’t have money to refurbish? What if you can’t sell it right away?
How can I do this without any money to back up the mistakes?
I have no partners or anyone willing and believe me I’ve asked?

Does anyone have any beginning, safe ideas that I could try?
I REALLY want to do this. I have already found 3 HUD repos that I could make profit off from, but I’m scared to put my husband baby and new house in danger???

By the way I live in Western Michigan… …

HEEEELLLLPPPPP~~~~!
Stacy

Re: Getting Started? (You will work soon…) - Posted by Harvey Carroll, Jr.

Posted by Harvey Carroll, Jr. on June 21, 2001 at 23:00:24:

First of all it is not the end of the world. So, your laid off. Enjoy the time you spend with your new son. Yet, don’t give up on your family’s long therm security and the idea of educating your son when it is time for him to go to college. Buying a home or two each year and renting them should secure that future for you. Keep looking like your doing, secure a new job and things will start to work out.