Getting Started - Posted by Rhonda

Posted by Gerald-DC on June 18, 2001 at 16:43:24:

BUY IT FIX IT PROFIT by Kevin Myers was my first real estate book and it was a good read. It’s directly on point with your rehabbing goals.

Yes, you may purchase property in your business name but you should real up on land trusts.

Please try to contain yourself and don’t purchase all of the many courses offered by gurus in the course material section. Read the messages posted here and try to get a good flavor of what type of area you are interested in. If it still continues to be rehabbing then maybe purchase a course or two.

Ron LeGrands Wholesale/Retail Course is very good but pricey, around $600.00. I am sure there are other good courses out there.

Best wishes,

Gerald-DC

Getting Started - Posted by Rhonda

Posted by Rhonda on June 18, 2001 at 16:00:55:

Does anyone have a favorite getting started book from the
many list of books. My goal is to do rehabs and rental.
Also can you purchase property under your business name
using a EIN Number for business
Thanks

Re: Getting Started - Posted by John

Posted by John on June 19, 2001 at 13:00:06:

Creating Wealth - Robert Allen
How To Make It When You’re Cash poor - Hollis Norton
How To Buy and Manage Rental Properties (revised)- Mike and Irene Milin
Think and Grow Rich - Napoleon Hill

Enjoy.

John

Re: Getting Started - Posted by Carey_PA

Posted by Carey_PA on June 19, 2001 at 09:13:47:

Rhonda,

Sure you can by properties in your business name, but in the beginning you’ll be most likely giving a personal guarantee.

As far as the book, hmmmmmmm there are sooooooo many.
How about the one Gerald recommended, also Ron Legrand’s Quick Flip book and to be honest I really liked Donald Trump’s “the art of the deal” grant it he didn’t talk about $50k homes but the ideas are ALL the same and it’ll get you thinking about what you can do!!

CAREY

Mine is… - Posted by SueC

Posted by SueC on June 19, 2001 at 07:14:23:

5 Magic Paths to Making a Fortune in RE (James Lumley, $15 at any bookstore). Someone posted a LONG list of books a while back, you can probably find it in the archives.

Re: Getting Started - Posted by Amanda

Posted by Amanda on June 18, 2001 at 23:41:30:

Robert Kiyosaki’s books are the best! The don’t specifically talk about what you are wanting to do in depth, but his site is www.richdad.com and he got me started. Everyone one that I know that have read his books are like on a high when it comes to real estate and are totally motivated. I think you should give them a shot. He also has a game called Cashflow. Kind of pricey, but well worth the money. The game is where I learned the basics and almost everything I need to know besides experience and learning from these sites.

Amanda