Getting excited about several possible deals! - Posted by Charity

Posted by Robert on December 12, 2000 at 18:29:30:

Great job!

Hope everything goes well for you.

Getting excited about several possible deals! - Posted by Charity

Posted by Charity on December 12, 2000 at 18:26:27:

I am sorry to keep posting randomly, but I am getting psyched up that I am finally DOING something instead of always reading about it!

This week, I did a mailout of about 240 letters and postcards (40 letters and 200 postcards) to various targeted groups. Of the letters, I have now received 2 calls from people with luxury homes interested in letting me have a 6 month option. I also have another luxury home from a seller I met online. So that is three of those in the works. Here are the rough breakdowns I have right now:

1. Home appraised at $525,000- optioning at $450,000
  2. Home appraised at $879,000- optioning at $800,000
  3. Condo appraised at minimum $550K- optioning for high $400s

Not all deals are totally set yet, but I am speaking with another owner of deal #1 tomorrow and meeting with the seller of deal #2 tomorrow (which is pretty much a done deal). Deal #3 wants me to mail the papers to him out of state.

Maybe they’ll fall through or won’t sell, but I feel good that I am trying and learning.

I am also supposed to sign up my first L/O tomorrow from some desperate sellers.

I also put out 13 badit signs over the weekend and have received 2 calls on that.

All in all, there have been 2 calls from letters, 5-6 calls from 200 postcards, 2 sign calls, 1 car sign call and some internet contacts. How am I doing so far?

Charity

Re: Getting excited about several possible deals! - Posted by TeddyB_SC

Posted by TeddyB_SC on December 12, 2000 at 21:46:34:

Charity,
I am very new at this so please help me. I live in an area where people have these type(price range)
homes as second/summer homes. It seems to me that they would be a good target for L/O’s when they are to sell due to it not even being their primary residence.
How would one make payments on these deals while waiting to assign the option. Thanks in advance for your response.

Re: Getting excited about several possible deals! - Posted by Geoffrey Faivre-Malloy

Posted by Geoffrey Faivre-Malloy on December 12, 2000 at 21:01:30:

Dang Charity! You’re doing awesome! Making me feel bad here! Maybe it’ll spur me into more action :wink: There goes the excuse that it won’t work in Atlanta :wink:

G-Man