Georgia, possible move for me.. - Posted by Thomas

Posted by Thomas on November 07, 2000 at 21:30:27:

Any colleges besides the 3 you listed?
Ive searched a great deal but none have a degree in real estate finance…

Georgia, possible move for me… - Posted by Thomas

Posted by Thomas on November 07, 2000 at 13:09:16:

I’m interested in knowing if anyone knows anything about the current RE market in Georgia, more specifically Savannah Georgia…

I like the ocean and I want to move close, but I also want a good market with a college…

Thanks for your time…

Re: Georgia, possible move for me… - Posted by Brad (GA)

Posted by Brad (GA) on November 07, 2000 at 20:51:04:

So you want to come to good ole’ Savannah, GA? Well good for you. In my opinion, the market is doing quite well. Alot of foreclosures around these parts. Alot of renters as well. There is alot of competition in real estate, but there is alot of real estate to go around.

You like the ocean? Me too. I’m currently trying to acquire my third property and first at the Beach. This particular duplex is a rehab job that when fixed, could potentially bring in 8K-10K+/month in the Summer.

Besides the Savannah market, there are many coastal counties / barrier islands that are booming. From Hilton Head Is., SC to St. Mary’s, GA there are tons of opportunities. Marsh front, lake front, river front, and good ole GA pine front. I’ve seen some tidal creek properties more than quaduple in price in as many years. Take your pick. Another interesting fact is that alot of Floridians are moving north into coastal GA. There has been a big demand for housing in certain areas.

If you can deal with extreme humidity, gnats by the millions and mosquito’s the size of a volkswagen, then you will be right at home. I hope this helps. Good luck!

Colleges in the area: AASU, SSC,and GSU.