Future Investor - Posted by John Paten

Posted by Kim on July 26, 2001 at 01:43:51:

John check out the past postings here and do some thorough investigation b4 buying the Sheets program.

Future Investor - Posted by John Paten

Posted by John Paten on July 26, 2001 at 01:17:59:

Hi, my name is John I plan on purchasing CS course next week and I’m very excited about that. I will be a first time investor and I’m looking for any kind of help that I can get. I am at the point in my life were living from paycheck to paycheck is getting to be very exhausted.

I am looking forward to getting the CS course. I am in the New Orleans area and would greatly appreciate any advice that is given.

Re: Future Investor - Posted by Doris - Va.

Posted by Doris - Va. on July 29, 2001 at 13:55:51:

If you are truly a newbie and know nothing about REI then it won’t hurt to get Carlton’s course. It is reasonably priced and covers a lot of basic information. I certainly enjoyed reading and studying it.

Beyond that - read everything on this site and print out the stuff you want for reference material. I put my pages into 3-ring binders according to the subject matter. I have learned plenty from the great people here on CREonline.

In addition - definitely read Rich Dad - Poor Dad by Robert K. and Lonnie’s books for MHomes. Build a library of books and keep on learning.

BUT - at some point you will know that it is time to make a move. Make a list of the steps you should take and get things lined up. Then - GO FOR IT!!!

Yes - you will make mistakes but expeience is the best teacher.

Join your local REI club to find people to network with and who know where you are coming from.

Good luck!

Doris

Re: Future Investor - Posted by Don

Posted by Don on July 28, 2001 at 23:52:08:

As stated in previous posts. You can get enough, even better education on rei by reading the articles, buying some of the books and making contacts with local area investors. I talked to a local investor today and he was very helpful and gave me some useful advice. He also told me that many people are using the CS methods and glutting the market with investors. You find a niche and you will do well. I believe that. My advice: Read Rich Dad Poor Dad by Robert Kiyosaki before you do anything. You can find the book at any bookstore. It will open your eyes and help you out of the “E” quadrant.

Re: Future Investor - Posted by Cory Hunter

Posted by Cory Hunter on July 28, 2001 at 24:23:04:

John, I have to agree with the previous follow-up. I purchased the course, read it a few times, and at the end felt like I had all of this knowledge and didn’t know how to use it. You will get honest oppinions and several of them if you continue to read postings on this site!!