FSBO and REALTORS Showing - Posted by Christy (TX)

Re: what about a Net Listing? - Posted by Houserookie

Posted by Houserookie on July 14, 2002 at 23:47:37:

If the difference between the net listing amount and fMV is obvious, then yes agents would go this route.

In most cases, it isn’t.

And in most cases the agents don’t know what the property can sell for, and for how much.

Under a commission structure, agents get paid regardless.

Austin

Re: FSBO and REALTORS Showing - Posted by Houserookie

Posted by Houserookie on July 15, 2002 at 16:18:14:

I think a savvy buyer knows that sellers don’t sell for less just to help out the buyers.

FSBOs typically want more than they can get. Consequently they chase all the buyers away. Only after they learn that all the buyers are gone will
they sign on with some agent that will exaggerate the market value.

Six months later the agent says, Oooops…we have to sell for less because the “market” says so…

LOL…

It doesn’t seem to make any sense to me why people think this way.

austin

Re: what about a Net Listing? - Posted by Tim Fierro (Tacoma, WA)

Posted by Tim Fierro (Tacoma, WA) on July 15, 2002 at 24:43:25:

… And in most cases the agents don’t know what the property can sell for, and for how much.

Alright Austin, you don’t really think that do you? That most agents don’t know values of homes in their market area? I mean, it is their job to do this. While I agree there are agents out there who may not be very good at determining FMV based on the current market conditions and the property in question, I would not agree that it is most. I would say there are some, but certainly not the majority as it looks like you are insinuating.

Majority meaning more than 50%, or in your term, most.