FREEDOM, BABY!!! NO MORE WORKING FOR DA MAN!!! - Posted by TRandle

FREEDOM, BABY!!! Aint it Beautiful!!! - Posted by David Alexander

Posted by David Alexander on November 03, 2000 at 10:30:32:

Awesome… Now the real emotionally roller coaster begins… the one that says I can always go back out and get a job… Lol. Throw that thought away and you’ll be ruined for the better forever.

Man, I’m glad to hear it… Shorts… Tshirt… Tennis shoes… Next you’ll be wanting to grow you hair back out and not shave… Nah… Lol

Talk to you soon,

David

Congratulations Tim! - Posted by B.L.Renfrow

Posted by B.L.Renfrow on November 03, 2000 at 10:24:56:

I haven’t yet figured out what to do with all those dress clothes either…got enough of 'em I could probably use them for a downpayment!

Again, congratulations and nice going.

Brian (NY)

LOL And Congrats - Posted by phil fernandez

Posted by phil fernandez on November 03, 2000 at 09:22:06:

Tim,

Nice going. You set a goal way back at the convention late Feb. 2000 and you and Kelly attained your goal way sooner than a year. That’s great.

Don’t worry about not having a regular paycheck coming in. Fear makes us focused. When we are focused we produce. When we produce we make money.

Now about the shorts. I can’t speak for David but I always feel more comfortable in shorts. You oughta see what I wear to weddings. If its summer, It’ll probably be shorts.

Congratulations, good luck ( actually you will be making your own luck), and above all have fun.

See you guys in Atlanta. Bring the shorts.

THE NEW BOSS IS TEN TIMES WORSE !!! - Posted by JohnG

Posted by JohnG on November 03, 2000 at 09:12:40:

I have been self-employed since 1981 and let me tell you - I never had a boss that pushed me harder, worked me longer, and demanded more from me than my present boss !!!

If you are serious, then you just jumped from the frying pan into the fire !!!

Re: FREEDOM, BABY!!! - Posted by Steve (OH)

Posted by Steve (OH) on November 03, 2000 at 08:47:49:

Wow! Good for you! Those of us who are still “dancing with da man” are quite jealous. I have been at this gig (REI) for about 1 1/2 yr. so feel I have a ways to go before my “leap of faith!”

Best of luck to you…I am sure it will work out just fine-ly!

(By the way…it is fun shaking hands with title company reps, agts, etc. who are in suits while you are wearing cut off shorts, jeans, whatever…isn’t it??)

Steve

Re: That is Great news! - Posted by TRandle

Posted by TRandle on November 03, 2000 at 19:22:45:

William,
That’s one he11 of a month. I may call you at some point to soothe the emotions. Will the Tingles be in attendance in Atlanta, again?

Re: NO MORE WORKING FOR DA MAN!!! - Posted by TRandle

Posted by TRandle on November 03, 2000 at 19:20:48:

Ben,
I do understand the sentiment, but I think you’re wrong. I could live the rest of my days in jeans, shorts or sweats. Other than work, I only dress for special occasions now and I doubt I’ll be hungering any time to put the old choke collar back on. Thanks…

Re: Believe it or not! - Posted by TRandle

Posted by TRandle on November 03, 2000 at 19:26:41:

Terry,
How long exactly does that take? I’ve ALWAYS had an inherent problem with that concept. Maybe that’s why I’ve had so many jobs. LOL. Of course, I might surpass Gatten for quantity, but I certainly didn’t absorb the vocabulary. Besides, I have enough difficulty using the words I do know, so why would I want to know more?

Re: You must have been reading my mind… - Posted by David Alexander

Posted by David Alexander on November 03, 2000 at 15:36:58:

It’s nice to be able to have a liesurely breakfast, 2 hour lunch, or even just blow the day off for the sake of being able to spend the day with your daughter (kids) going to the zoo and having a party for their birthdays… priceless.

David Alexander

p.s. Stress is for other people… Lol.

Re: More Info - Posted by TRandle

Posted by TRandle on November 03, 2000 at 19:47:57:

Steve,
I’ll be happy to give some brief details of my experiences, but that’s not necessarily the path to take. Each person must figure that out on their own.

I found CREO in January 1999 while searching for a local REI club. In fact, for the early history, I would reference “Part-Time Newbie Having a Blast” in the success stories. We averaged a little less than one house a month after that initial push.

I used LOC’s, which I don’t recommend for the early stages. We’ve done wraps, assumptions, retail flips, subject to’s, L/O’s, a “trade”, lease purchase, and a L/O into a subject to. We haven’t done any double closes, wholesales, note sales, and still haven’t had a preforeclosure actually close, etc. These experiences lead us to keeping most of the properties and feeling unsure that we could actually receive a chunk of CASH, which we knew was critical to pay the bills once one of us went full-time.

In fact, my wife did a deal after last year’s CREO convention (finally on board, thanks Steph for the help!, maybe Kel will post it someday). I made a deal with Steph that I would quit as soon as I signed up two deals that I could sell for some change. We had wiped out our savings when we started REI, had traded in our paid-for vehicles for newer ones not too long before, and now had a six-figure lifestyle. I was ready to quit, but I had to have some cash to get to get started.

I’m a CPA and a financial analyst and, of course, have many of the traits for that field: analytical, detailed, decisions only after being fully informed, etc. So, my point is that we are NOWHERE near where that person would like us to be before I go full-time, but I also realized that acting against my natural tendencies has resulted in some of my best decisions over the last 18 months. Hope that helps…

Re: CONGRATULATIONS!! - Posted by TRandle

Posted by TRandle on November 03, 2000 at 19:53:36:

Jim,
Thanks. I’m not sure I want the fear to subside completely. Maybe if it just levels off sometime in the not too distant future? So far, up and down seems to equate to “alive” versus the robotic routine I’ve been in. Should be fun.

Re: Grooovy! - Posted by TRandle

Posted by TRandle on November 03, 2000 at 19:14:41:

Stacy,
The creative side of my brain knows you’re right and the analytical (extremely dominant) side is freaking! Look forward to meeting you in Atlanta (finally) if not before.

Re: FREEDOM, BABY!!! - Posted by TRandle

Posted by TRandle on November 03, 2000 at 19:16:55:

Terry,
Now I’ve just gotta rock ‘n’ roll so Kel can quit her J.O.B. within the next year. I’ve been pushing her to get her success story written about the deal she did, but so far, no luck.

Re: FREEDOM, BABY!!! Aint it Beautiful!!! - Posted by TRandle

Posted by TRandle on November 03, 2000 at 19:11:04:

David,
That’s one of the things I’ve missed. Since I’ve been doing REI on the weekends, I always felt the need to shave in case I got an appointment. And I haven’t ruled out the ponytail. I used to have one, but not quite as long as yours. I wasn’t really considering the “what-ifs” during the coming droughts until the family members and friends started yapping about “risk”. If I get the urge to call the temp companies, I’ll call so you can talk me out of it.

Re: Congratulations Tim! - Posted by TRandle

Posted by TRandle on November 03, 2000 at 19:06:30:

Brian,
When you figure it out, please let me know. There’s some serious dollars in my closet collecting dust. LOL

Re: LOL And Congrats - Posted by TRandle

Posted by TRandle on November 03, 2000 at 18:43:27:

Phil,
I’ll definitely bring them, but I’m a cold-weather wimp, so we’ll have to see if they actually make an appearance.

Re: THE NEW BOSS IS TEN TIMES WORSE !!! - Posted by TRandle

Posted by TRandle on November 03, 2000 at 18:42:08:

Let’s see. I’ve been doing 50+ hours weeks with 2 boys under 4 and REI during lunch, evenings, and weekends. And that’s going to increase? Well, if so, at least I’ll spend more time smiling and when I have my DAILY arguments with my boss, at least I’ll think both sides of the discussion are rational and have merit. LOL!

Re: FREEDOM, BABY!!! - Posted by TRandle

Posted by TRandle on November 03, 2000 at 18:39:14:

Steve,
I’ve been active about the same amount of time, but I just couldn’t take the J.O.B. anymore. And I’ve got more work to do on the clothes issue since for David and Phil, it’s not attire, it’s a lifestyle!