FREE Software, where? - Posted by Jim IL

Posted by Tom on January 06, 1999 at 14:07:47:

I agree with DJ. I have a limited experience with Access, but you can make it as complex or straight forward as you want. I am in the process of creating an application that will assit me in mobile homes. I am sure that when I step up to sfh, it will be a piece of cake converting the application (if I have to at all). Anyway, my 2cents.

Tom

FREE Software, where? - Posted by Jim IL

Posted by Jim IL on January 04, 1999 at 22:55:58:

Does anyone have any idea where I can find good FREE software, that will enable me to track all information on properties, both those I am interested in,and those I’m gathering info on? (like callsified ads, and info from courthouse files I’ve gathered in foreclosure)
I simply want to type the info into my laptop and then be able to pull up properties by the criteria I enter.
Ex: I enter 50 homes from ads I’ve called, and a buyer calls me and says “Do you have any homes that fit profile X?”
I’d like to just type in the Profile, and get a list of those homes.
anyone know where to find this type of thing?
Thanks in advance,
Jim

Re: FREE Software, where? - Posted by DJ Busch

Posted by DJ Busch on January 04, 1999 at 23:55:34:

Jim,

If you can get hold of Microsoft Office 97, you’ll find that MS Access is an outstanding tool for just that sort of thing. Of course, you have to set it all up yourself, but that’s the best part. It’s custom-built for you and tailored to your specific needs.

FoxPro and FileMaker Pro are similar relational database managers, and I’m quite sure they can also do what you’re looking for.

DJ Busch