Forclosure Help - Posted by Dan(IN)

Posted by AMK on October 19, 2001 at 21:41:55:

I e-mailed you a copy of the letter I use. I hope that helps.

Forclosure Help - Posted by Dan(IN)

Posted by Dan(IN) on October 19, 2001 at 19:28:16:

Anyone have any thoughts on what to say when sending letters to homeowners that are in a foreclosure(maybe a sample letter or something). Thanks, Dan

Re: Forclosure Help - Posted by JT - IN

Posted by JT - IN on October 19, 2001 at 21:53:48:

Dan:

I have never been one for mailing letters. I see too many of them, piled on porches, of vacant houses, or go into the garbage, unopened, by owner-occupants. I just show up on the door step, and it is harder for them to get me into the garbage can that way. LOL

I have always thought, when attempting to deliver a message to a person in distress, as is the case with owners in foreclosure, the best way to do so is a concise message on a post card. that way, at least whikle they are on their way to garbage can, maybe your message will jump out and grab them around the neck, and they will come to their senses. (Probably not, but worth a try).

The message; you pick. Something like, “We have a better batting average than Babe Ruth, at helping homeowners in FC”. We can help, call for details… I also think a website could be a valueable tool, by putting the web address on the post card. At least people can investigate what you do, and then probably throw away your card. LOL

You must recognize that working with pre-sale owners is like “busting rocks”. It is not for everyone. After being realistic, then proceed ahead, while continuing to track what does and doesn’t work, and modifying for your local market and personal style.

Just the way that I view things…

JT - IN