For those who are trying to e-mail me.... - Posted by Matt B

Posted by Javier C. on July 17, 2001 at 17:01:56:

You can get them from Sprint PCS. All you have to do is go into any Sprint PCS location and ask what models they have available that are refurbished. These phones cost anywhere from $20 - $75 whereas if bought NEW, they would cost you $80 - $300. All phones eventually wind up back at the factory for repairs. then they use them when people make claims on their insurance policies. they NEVER send you a NEW phone. So, common sense dictates that buying a refurbished phone is more cost effective.

I bought one NEW phone a looooooooooooooong time ago. when I found out what they do, I went for the refurbished ones. they work just as good as the NEW ones, just don’t cost as much.

For those who are trying to e-mail me… - Posted by Matt B

Posted by Matt B on July 15, 2001 at 14:18:38:

I am out of town and just trying to keep up with all my regular phone calls, e-mails and business. I had a nifty cell phone that allowed me to retrieve and send e-mails, so I was keeping up, but it was just stolen from me. ($500 phone!) I am going to replace it, but I am a bit behind keeping up with my e-mail. If anyone has been trying to get a hold of me, please be patient and I’ll get back to you soon.

Matt, just a tip for ya - Posted by Jim FL

Posted by Jim FL on July 15, 2001 at 14:32:55:

Matt,
Sorry to hear about the theft of your new phone, I know it was something you really liked.
I had this happen to me a few years ago, and when I bought my new cell phone, the service provider offered a replacement insurance for very little $$.
Check into it, it may be worth the extra money.
Take care and drop me an e-mail when you get a chance,
Jim FL

Re: Matt, just a tip for ya - Posted by Javier C.

Posted by Javier C. on July 16, 2001 at 14:15:54:

The insurance is great to have. But, if you didn’t have it and your going to buy a new phone, DON’T!!! You can get the same model phone for about HALF PRICE!!! when they offer you insurance, they replace your lost/stolen phone with a refurbished one. You never wind up with a NEW phone. So, instead of buying a new one all over again, just Ask customer service about the refurbished phone available. I originally bought a phone new and lost it. thank goodness I had the insurance coverage. when then sent me my replacement, (after I paid a small fee) I found out that all phones being replaced through the insurance claim were refurbished. So, for all of you in the market for cell phone, BUY REFURBISHED. they’re what the insurance company will send you, they work and they COST LESS!!

Re: Matt, just a tip for ya - Posted by Kiersten

Posted by Kiersten on July 15, 2001 at 17:05:45:

My husband had this on his Nextel and it came in quite handy when our 1 1/2 year old put the phone in the toilet!

Re: Matt, just a tip for ya - Posted by Doris - Va.

Posted by Doris - Va. on July 16, 2001 at 18:14:00:

Javier C. -

Hi - I am in the market for a new phone. Where would I find refurbished phones for sale?

Thanks.

Doris