For sale by owner - Posted by cheaperto keepher

Posted by Redline on September 24, 1999 at 11:31:19:

It’s public - but you’d hafta go to the courthouse to find it. Pay a realtor, or buy them lunch to pull comps for you … then when you can throw them some business. If they’re good they’ll keep working with you. If they don’t give you what you need, find one that will.

RL

For sale by owner - Posted by cheaperto keepher

Posted by cheaperto keepher on September 23, 1999 at 08:35:31:

Ive lived in a large Ohio city for 30 years and know the neighborhoods like the back of my hand. Im committed to startin in the real estate business with rental properties preferrably single family homes. I see alot of FOR SALE BY OWNER signs on properties I would like to look into. Is the first step to see if they would creatively finance?

Re: For sale by owner / thanks for feedback - Posted by cheaperto keepher

Posted by cheaperto keepher on September 24, 1999 at 08:34:24:

Thanks for the feedback. Now in order to find out what houses sold for in the area do ask a realator or is that information public domain somewhere?

Re: For sale by owner - Posted by Redline

Posted by Redline on September 23, 1999 at 13:50:25:

I would say your first step would be to get a good idea as to the property values in this area. Look at recently sold property - get to know the numbers well so that you can look at a property and have a reasonably good idea what it’s worth.

Then you need to weed out these FSBO’s to find the ones you’re looking for: the motivated ones. Just because they’re FSBO doesn’t mean much. Find the ones that really need to sell. The ones that must sell. If/when you find them - you’ll be in a position to buy their property and make yourself a profit.

RL