florida MH dealer license - Posted by John R

Posted by CarolFL on August 07, 1999 at 17:51:28:

Pain in the #ss, and we have opted for now not to do it…but have lots of info. Email us if you need specifics.
Carol and Dennis

florida MH dealer license - Posted by John R

Posted by John R on August 07, 1999 at 13:16:03:

I am new to South Florida and I am interested in obtaining an MH dealer license to do Lonnie deals in florida. Any info on what is needed to acquire this license in florida would be appreciated.

Don’t ask me why I have this but I do so - Posted by Dirk Roach

Posted by Dirk Roach on August 07, 1999 at 20:42:45:

here it is:

Department of Highway Safety & Motor Vehicles

Licensing Requirements for Mobile Home Dealers
In Florida, mobile home dealers are licensed and regulated by the Division of Motor Vehicles under
Section 320.77 Florida Statutes.

The Law

Florida law states that any person, firm partnership or corporation that buys, sells, offers for sale, displays for sale or deals in one or more mobile homes in any 12-month period is presumed to be a mobile home dealer and must have an appropriate license issued by the State.

License Types

There are two classes of licenses issued to mobile homes dealers. They are:

Mobile Home Dealer–for a person dealing in new or used mobile homes. This license permits the
licensee to transact business at retail or wholesale.
Mobile Home Broker–allows the licensee to sell used mobile homes only. This license permits the
licensee to transact business at retail of wholesale.

Application

Before going into the business of selling mobile homes, a person must submit a completed application,
with required documentation and fees. License applications may be obtained from any Division of Motor
Vehicle regional office.

General Requirements

Approval of business location by a DMV representative.
Completed application form. Fee of $300 for each main location.
Annual fee of $40 required for the Mobile Home and Recreational Vehicle Trust Fund. $25,000 surety bond. Copy of lease for location or proof of ownership.
Dealer training seminar certificate.
Registration of fictitious trade name. Copy of corporate papers.
Sales tax number.
Federal employer identification number.
Fingerprints and applicable fees. ($39 per person).

Failure to Obtain A License

Any person violating these licensing requirements is guilty of a second-degree misdemeanor, punishable
by up to six months in jail and/or fine of $500. Such person will also be liable under civil law for violation
of Florida?s Deceptive and Unfair Trade Practices Act, subject to fines of up to $5000 per violation, and may face a permanent injunction issued by a circuit court.

More Information

If you have questions about application procedures and licensing requirements, contact the DMV

Again not sure why I have this since I’m three thousand miles away, I guess it just goes to show what insomnia and a computer will do.

Dirk