Flipping with Steve Cook - Posted by Rob (NC)

Posted by Suzanne on January 17, 2002 at 11:14:53:

Loved Robert Kiyosaki Rich Dad, Poor Dad and Cash Flow Quadrant books. I plan on getting his Cash Flow game sometime in the near future. I keep reading how that game expands your knowledge about finances 100% for those who are willing to learn.

On one of Ron LeGrand’s tapes with Mr. Kiyosaki, Ron said at one of his boot camps where Mr. Kiyosaki was a guest speaker they had all the students play the game. I believe Ron himself recommended the game. I would have to listen to that tape again to be 100% sure. I’m 99% sure though.

Flipping with Steve Cook - Posted by Rob (NC)

Posted by Rob (NC) on January 16, 2002 at 22:21:05:

I am 18 years old and have been learning all I can about RE Investing for awhile. After reviewing many strategies I have decided I would like to learn all I can about flipping properties. It is the easiest for someone in college to do. I have read Bronchick’s book (LOVED IT, one of the better written RE books I have read!) and Steve Cook’s course has come highly recommended to me. I was wondering if anyone out there has any experience with using this course. How does it compare with LeGrand’s? Most importantly, is it worth the money for someone my age or would I be more suited with something else? I appreciate all the responses, I am anxious to learn all I can.

PS- Is it true that if you buy the course you can e-mail him with all of the questions you have? THANKS!

Re: Flipping with Steve Cook - Posted by Tim (ME)

Posted by Tim (ME) on January 17, 2002 at 09:30:18:

I just finished his course, and loved it! The first thing I noticed about Steve is that he has great ethics. He starts off talking about morals, honesty, and doing the right thing. I have read other courses, and sometimes they suggest that you can “get away with” some things that aren’t exactly ethical. Steve talks about being honest with the seller, and not weaseling out of a deal because of some small challenge. If you keep your word and settle on a deal, even if it means losing a few dollars, it is simply the right thing to do. And it leads to long lasting RE relationships.

Steve has lots of street experience, and his course reflects that. Definitely worth the money. I have not read Legrand or Bronchick yet, so I can’t compare it, but I do recommend you get Steve’s course.

Tim (ME)

Re: Flipping with Steve Cook - Posted by Dee-Texas

Posted by Dee-Texas on January 17, 2002 at 07:25:30:

I DO have Steve’s course and would buy it again. It’s like Steve, easy to understand and straight forward.
I also know Steve, he is one of the most honest and nice guy you will ever meet. AND he runs his business the same way.
If your starting out with flipping, with Bronchicks book and Steve’s course you will speed up the learning curve greatly.
My opinion,
Dee-Texas

Re: Flipping with Steve Cook - Posted by JoeS

Posted by JoeS on January 16, 2002 at 22:41:48:

I have not read the book by Steve, but judging by his posts and articles on this site I would say the guy is straight up. Buy it, read it, and do it! Try to read several books/courses a year as part of you continuing education program.

Re: Flipping with Steve Cook - Posted by RobinS

Posted by RobinS on January 16, 2002 at 22:38:51:

Can’t answer your questions, but I just had to say - GOOD FOR YOU!!! I wish I had taken control of my financial future at 18 instead of now at 47 - hopefully my kids will see what I am doing now and not wait as long as I did! If you want some other good reading, try Rich Dad, Poor Dad by Robert Kiyosaki.

Re: Flipping with Steve Cook - Posted by Brent_IL

Posted by Brent_IL on January 16, 2002 at 22:33:42:

Buy Steve’s course. He has distilled a lifetime of offers and experience down to one book. If he charged five times as much, for one who uses the information, it would be worth it. I never considered rehabbing until I read his book.

Post the questions on the board. You’ll get Steve and a couple of dozen other experienced rehabbers.