Fire - Posted by Tom H

Posted by JohnP on December 08, 2005 at 19:49:31:

Hi Tom, the same thing happen here in Davie, Fl. The house was set on fire with kerosene and a woman died. When I saw your post. i thought it had to be the same incident.

JohnP

Fire - Posted by Tom H

Posted by Tom H on December 05, 2005 at 09:42:30:

A mobile home on my park burmt down over the weekend and a lady died in the fire. The home was owned by the residents and it appears that a kerosean heater caused the fire.

I Know its early, but I have a burnt out shell and alot of stuff around the site. It appears to be a sefety hazard and I’m sure something will have to be done in the next month.

Anyone have advice.

Re: Fire - Posted by JohnP

Posted by JohnP on December 05, 2005 at 19:11:04:

Tom, is the park you are mentioning in Davie, Florida? There was a home that burn’t there over the weekend and a women died. Just wondering if it is the same place.

JohnP

Re: Fire - Posted by Sailor

Posted by Sailor on December 05, 2005 at 15:54:00:

I’m very sorry to hear this. Fire is my biggest fear. I just rec’d a call this afternoon from a tenant whose smoke alarm was going off & she didn’t know what to do (some of my tenants have an intelligence quotient roughly equivilent to that of a frosted graham cracker). I have the following in my MHP Rules: “No liquid-fueled space heaters are allowed, with the exception of sealed oil-filled electric heaters. Electric space heaters with exposed coils are not allowed. All electric space heaters must be directly plugged into wall sockets; absolutely no extension cords may be used for space heaters. Safe practice requires that no space heater be used in an unattended room.”

Every time I think my set of rules is too lengthy, a tenant does something so downright dumb that I realize I could never develop a complete list of what-not-to-do. I do care about these folks & always start each day trying to figure out how to make their lives better. I do wish they felt the same about themselves–

Tye

Re: Fire - Posted by JT

Posted by JT on December 05, 2005 at 11:46:05:

I had a roll off dropped in the lot and had two guys with sawsalls and hammers go to it. I did put up the orange mesh barricade fence right after the fire.

Re: Fire - Posted by Karl (Oh)

Posted by Karl (Oh) on December 05, 2005 at 09:50:15:

Did the homeowner have insurance? See if the insurance will cover the clean up and removal.

Karl Kleiner

Ohio - Posted by Tom H

Posted by Tom H on December 08, 2005 at 08:42:22:

Ohio

Re: Fire - Posted by Tom H

Posted by Tom H on December 08, 2005 at 08:45:10:

My rules are only two pages long but I will be adding what you suggested