Finding this missing owner? - Posted by Julia

Posted by Mark-NC on July 17, 2001 at 06:40:55:

NT

Finding this missing owner? - Posted by Julia

Posted by Julia on July 16, 2001 at 11:38:13:

There is a house in my nieghborhood which appears empty, and has appeared so for some time. The house needs repainting, the yard is overgrown, etc.

I have checked with the town tax assessor, and got the name of the owner. The address is the same as the property. I sent a letter to the owner at the house, and it came back “Addressee moved- left no forwarding address.”

Any suggestions where to go from here to find the owner?

Thanks-
Julia

Try this! - Posted by Mark-NC

Posted by Mark-NC on July 16, 2001 at 18:26:39:

I just did this earlier today trying to find the owner of a property. First I called the tax office and got the names of the owners but all they had was A post office box with no other contact information.

Then I went to infoseek.com, went to reverse directory and pulled up every ones name on that street. Just put in the street name with no number and it will give you everyone on the street. Then I started calling everyone at the closest address to the subject home and told them I was an investor looking to purchase this particular property to fix it up and was trying to locate the owners could they help me? Within 3 phone calls I found them. Problem is they didn’t want to sell yet.

Mark

Do NOT pull credit… - Posted by Sean

Posted by Sean on July 16, 2001 at 17:19:36:

…but you might try http://www.docusearch.com/ if you are really interested in finding that guy.

Ask the neighbors… - Posted by Paul_MA

Posted by Paul_MA on July 16, 2001 at 16:57:29:

…or try to pull credit on the missing person. That would fall under ‘a business purpose’, wouldn’t it?

Re: Finding this missing owner? - Posted by Maybe

Posted by Maybe on July 16, 2001 at 11:45:54:

You could call the tax assessor for your county and ask them if the taxes were paid on this property - and if so by whom?

infoseek.com?? - Posted by Paul_MA

Posted by Paul_MA on July 17, 2001 at 03:16:54:

when I type it in, it becomes go.com. Do you link from that page somewhere?

Paul MA

Re: Ask the neighbors… - Posted by Tom – IN

Posted by Tom – IN on July 16, 2001 at 19:18:22:

Paul, that rule has recently changed. Do not pull a credit report without a signed authorization.