finding the right sellers - Posted by Jay MI

Posted by Blane (MI) on June 01, 2002 at 07:21:43:

Hi Jay,

Are you referring to Traverse City, by chance? Regardless of where, you’ll most likely have to cruise the parks themselves looking for those motivated sellers. My experience to date has been when I run a “I buy etc.” ad, most callers own newer double-wides and owe 40-60K on them. Other’s mileage may vary, so to speak. Cruising the parks and getting acquainted with the PM will be the 2 quickest ways to find 'em.

Got a call the other day from someone who was referred by a PM. This gal will give me the home free, but it needs so much work and there’s so many repos in my area I’ll probably pass. I’ve known this PM going on 2 years now. You may not consider these “quick” ways, but they are the most lucrative. Just my .02.

By the way, did you know the name “Roy” in French means "boy do I s**k!? GO WINGS!!!

Blane

finding the right sellers - Posted by Jay MI

Posted by Jay MI on May 31, 2002 at 22:32:52:

Hi all! Thanks to Doc and others who’ve answered my other idiot questions.

I am a fairly new investor in non mobile homes (the plain ol’ stick ones), but am increasingly seeing money to be made in the MH sector.

I have signs, flyers, classified that I use for my “I buy houses” side of things–l/o’s, wholesale flips, subject to’s. Is there any difference in how to find motivated mobile sellers??

I live in a popular and touristy part of northern lower Michigan–many professionals, buisiness people, even some celebs–nice for driving up the real estate mkt–but the people who work at 7-11 etc need a place to live too. There are numerous mobile home parks.

Any quick tips on finding motivated mobile sellers?

Thanks,

Jay