finding motivated sellers - Posted by Les (KY)

Posted by Carlene (Maine) on July 26, 2001 at 15:02:52:

Maybe an ad in the paper that says “We pay CASH for older homes.” I have had some responses with an ad like that. Mostly it is word of mouth though that gets me homes. I drive through the park with a friendly smile (and business cards) and ask if anyone knows of homes for sale. (Or act like you heard there was a home for sale and can’t find it!) Remind them of your referral fee (I pay $100 to someone who finds me a home.)
Good luck!
Carlene

finding motivated sellers - Posted by Les (KY)

Posted by Les (KY) on July 25, 2001 at 17:33:17:

We are working two large parks. We are leaving business cards on the doors of homes that have old faded For Sale signs. We bought our first home this way, the first day we distributed cards. We have continued to do this.
Now it doesn’t net any responses. Does anyone have any ideas?

The Park Manager - Posted by Karl (Oh)

Posted by Karl (Oh) on July 26, 2001 at 15:18:21:

I can’t remember the last time I bought a home that actually had a for sale sign in the window. Almost all of the trailers I buy are referrals by park managers. If someone is about to be evicted, is moving soon and needs to sell, etc, the PM is the first to know. Then I get a heads up and a phone number, or better yet the seller gives me a call first. And the PM gets a nice referral fee for his/her effort when the deals done. This works the same with buyers. A lot of folks call the park office asking if they have any homes for sale, and they are given my number.

Develop a good relationship with the PMs in your two parks. If these PMs aren’t receptive to your business, find ones that are. That will be crucial to successfully doing Lonnie Deals, both for finding motivated sellers, and putting your buyers into that park.

If you haven’t yet read “Deals on Wheels” by Lonnie Scruggs, its required reading for this business.

Karl Kleiner