Fees and other fines....Please PLEASE HELP>>>>> - Posted by Angie

Posted by Ed Copp (OH) on March 04, 2001 at 14:26:16:

Title search may miss such things as unpaid water, and sewer bills. Possible trash collection bills also. There could be some other things too, that may not be picked up on a title search, such as the interests of an estranged spouse. Often IRS debts get missed.

I would suggest title insurance.

Fees and other fines…Please PLEASE HELP>>>>> - Posted by Angie

Posted by Angie on March 04, 2001 at 13:20:32:

Will a title search tell me everything that the homeowners need to pay not the house payments but fees and other fines.???

Please help they are willing to give up the house and get nothing… PLEASE

Re: Fees and other fines. - Posted by Ben (NJ)

Posted by Ben (NJ) on March 04, 2001 at 14:51:43:

As Ed stated, unpaid taxes and sewer bills which are not yet a recorded lien will not show up in a title search, per se. Whenever I order a title search though, I specify that I ALSO want a tax and assessment search which will pick these up ( a call to the local tax collector couldn’t hurt either) AND an upper court judgment search which will pick up alot of stuff such as federal liens, state liens, foreclosures, bankruptcies, lower court judgments and lis pendens etc. These three should give you a pretty good idea of what is out there. If this is a condo or townhouse you may also want to check to see if association fees and maintenance fees are delinquent. Good luck!