Entity question

Hi all,

Just getting started and want to begin marketing to motivated sellers next week. I have secured a few domain names as I want to set up separate sites for sellers, buyers, and other investors.

Here’s my question: When marketing to sellers, do you find that it is helpful or harmful to use a business name which includes your own name? For example, I want to hold properties under Iris Properties LLC. Not the exact spelling of my name, but the way I pronounce it to people. Is it better for sellers and/or buyers to NOT be readily aware that you own the company? Or do you find that they’re more likely to deal with you when they know you are the owner/investor?

Alternatively, I thought I could use another entity to market to sellers and/or buyers, like Fast Homeowners’ Solutions.

Any thoughts/advice?

Thanks in advance.

Re:

There are both pros and cons to it…using your own name can make your business seem affordable…but a business name can lead to more marketing and let you charge more… rest is your choice…

Try two separate mailings to potential sellers. One very professional, using your company name. Some people will respond because of credibility and some won’t because you are a company and not a person.

Send another mailer (yellow letter) with a personal approach, using your name, cell, and gmail or similar personal email. Some people will respond to this, some won’t because they think its a scam.

The point is, some will respond to one, others (different people) will respond to the other mailer. And don’t worry, nobody will realize that both are from the same person, they forget quickly!

It’s gonna flow…

It’s gonna flow better if you tailor it to…

Your personality…

personally… I’m very laid back…

so I actually just use my name…

when the agreements are signed…
that is when the entity comes into play…

You will at some point have more than one…

It’s also good to be able to say you manage
x company as opposed to own it…

Or…

Sorry its corporate policy…

its gonna depend on your personality…

if you are more formal and corporate…

Well then that is the way it will flow…

We can’t change who we are…

It is good to have your own name in the marketing but if you are placing your business name then it should be very effective to build your marketing business well.

Yeah, you’re right. If you did like to know more about naming a business you need to go through a business entity search process.