Don't know where to start - Posted by tomg

Posted by Kiera on July 30, 2001 at 22:44:26:

Well,
You have a good start. The best start will be one that does not require you to tie up much or any of you money. Bronchick and Lease Option will probably be your best bet. It is really not that much more involved than the book says, I would think. Lori Samson has a good book. It’s kind of like a hand holding book that walked me through my first deal. It also teaches you how to make RE into a business as far as setting it up seperate from your other work and home life even though you may be running it from your kitchen table. Bronchick is a good explainer so I am sure that his says the same things. Maybe with less hold your hand steps. Lease Option is for the starting investor and the pro and it all has the same result. Good Luck ( :

Don’t know where to start - Posted by tomg

Posted by tomg on July 30, 2001 at 13:14:33:

I am really struggling to define an appropriate direction and/or plan for “beginning” in real-estate investing. I say beginning with quotes, because I have had some exposure over the past couple of years with one piece of property that I purchased for 48k, lived in, fixed up, and sold for 85k. The sale will close in about 2 weeks and I will have, after paying some bills, about 20k as a reserve for another deal…but I don’t really know what to do.

I am an IT (Information Technology) professional in “real-life” and do fairly well, but I would really love to be able to make my living in RE, but which facet of RE to best do that in, is the big question.

I have been considering a few courses on this site…3 in particular: “Wholesaling for Quick Cash” - Stephen Cook ; “Flipping Properties” - Bronchick, Dahlstrom ; “Street Smart Secrets to Real Estate Wealth” - Louis Brown, but I do feel that there is probably much more involved than what can be gained from a single course. (any recommendations on these courses would be appreciated).

I guess what I am ultimately asking, is for any advice or suggestions from one with experience that would kind of help me to at least take my first step. Right now I feel like my head is spinning with all sorts of information/ideas, and if I did attempt to take a step, I would fall down from dizziness. (sorry for the corny analogy).

Thanks in advance.
Tom

Re: Don’t know where to start - Posted by Kiera

Posted by Kiera on July 30, 2001 at 22:44:34:

Well,
You have a good start. The best start will be one that does not require you to tie up much or any of you money. Bronchick and Lease Option will probably be your best bet. It is really not that much more involved than the book says, I would think. Lori Samson has a good book. It’s kind of like a hand holding book that walked me through my first deal. It also teaches you how to make RE into a business as far as setting it up seperate from your other work and home life even though you may be running it from your kitchen table. Bronchick is a good explainer so I am sure that his says the same things. Maybe with less hold your hand steps. Lease Option is for the starting investor and the pro and it all has the same result. Good Luck ( :