Divorce = Motivated Sellers - Posted by Danainla

Posted by Erik Tucker on September 16, 2002 at 19:17:10:

all recent times of filing

Divorce = Motivated Sellers - Posted by Danainla

Posted by Danainla on July 30, 2002 at 18:35:14:

Hello All,
I just left Los Angeles hall of records looking names & address of couples who have recently filed for divorce. However, you had to have a case # or a name to look someone up. You couldnt do a search for let’s say all the filed divorces within the last month. So what to do now? Does anyone have solutions around this or can give me an idea(s) of where else to get the information on recent divorces?

Re: Divorce = Motivated Sellers - Posted by Scot - SoCal

Posted by Scot - SoCal on July 31, 2002 at 09:30:34:

I ran into the problem you speak of while looking at the court house. I ended up speaking with one of the clerks asking to see the most recent divorce filings. They will give you the whole file. In fact they will give you up to ten at a time to look thru (at a table). Be ready to give your ID as they will take a copy of it as you look thru the files. When your done with the first ten, ask for the next ten.

Re: Divorce = Motivated Sellers - Posted by Gerald-DC

Posted by Gerald-DC on July 30, 2002 at 23:03:56:

Since people “file” for divorces, I would think that you would start at the recorder’s office of your county. There may also be some legal publications that publish notices of divorce.

A side note, working with divorcing couples requires a lot of skill and technique. I always seem to have the wives eating out of my hands but the husbands treat me like I just slapped their Grandmothers.

Every divorce deal that has came my way has fallen through. Maybe I need to buy another course or attend another course (being scarastic here) or birddog these deals to one of other investors here.

I will say that people going through divorce can be quite emotional so if you market to them, use a lot of tact. I wouldn’t send them a letter or post card saying “so you are going to divorce, wanna sell your house.”

I would suggest something like, I am looking to buy houses in your neighborhood, please call me if you want to sell.

Good Hunting