Developing Land for MH Park - Posted by chill

Posted by ray@lcorn on May 16, 2002 at 14:36:50:

chill,

George Allen has an excellent text on developing parks. His books are available at www.mobilehomeparkstore.com

I’ve been involved in the development of parks and other types of commercial properties for about 20 years, and parks are no different in the fundamental process than a shopping center. I’ve probably got more experience with parks because that was the family business I grew up in, but the common thread of developing is to first know the market, then know the costs. The more accurate you are in determining both, the better chance you have for success.

Be aware though, development is not for the faint hearted. There are a whole slew of obstacles to be overcome in even the simplest of projects, and among the lessons to be learned is to expect the unexpected.

ray

Developing Land for MH Park - Posted by chill

Posted by chill on May 13, 2002 at 19:25:26:

We’ve been to a number of the training seminars and have learned that it’s best to buy an existing park rather than create a new one. So we did that. And it’s working out really good.

But now I have a vision of what I’d like to create. Surely some of you guys have bought land and done the development tasks to get it ready to be a park. I think it can be done profitably in our area. If anyone has any knowledge of books, articles, personal tips, experts in the area, please let me know.

Thanks,
chill