credit report - Posted by David

Posted by Lee on December 31, 1998 at 02:34:44:

Also try:
http://www.yahoo.com/bin/search?p=Credit+Report+Agencies

credit report - Posted by David

Posted by David on December 30, 1998 at 22:29:16:

How do I as a beginner, go about pulling a credit report on a potential tenant.? Is there a website that I could access for this information? I would appreciate any input anyone would have. Thanks

Re: credit report - Posted by WilliamP-MA

Posted by WilliamP-MA on December 31, 1998 at 15:03:36:

I signed up last year to a company in Kansas City. Have

run credit checks about 5 times this past year. Costs

$8 per credit report and it is sent directly to my

fax modem. There are things they require me to do, such

as send a copy of the rental application and why I’m

running the credit report and which of my addresses

I am running it for.

Try Northland Services 800-905-8774. Supposed to

have a web site at www.northcs.com/norser/, but I

haven’t visited it yet.

Re: credit report - Posted by Berwyn

Posted by Berwyn on December 31, 1998 at 11:35:53:

If there’s a landlord’s or Apartment Association in your area, join it. They may have discounts for such a thing. For example, normally for a business to get a credit report from the local credit bureau, they first must have a membership costing a couple hundred bucks. The G.F. Apt Association has a membership, so assn members can get reports for only $2 (two dollars) a pop.

Also, not to plug other sites, but I have come across one called “Rental Housing Online” that has a lot of information, and will also do tenant screenings.

I’ve used them for credit checks a couple times, and they’ve been prompt (turn around time about 2 hours if you fax the app during business hours), and even phone when they have questions.

Berwyn

Re: credit report - Posted by Jim_MA

Posted by Jim_MA on December 31, 1998 at 07:06:38:

David,
There are many tenant screening services available on the net that provide far more than just a credit report. Past tenant performance is as important as their credit history. If you run a search on the phrase “tenant screening” or “tenant check” you will find them. I use national tenant network, their fee is reasonable and they have a local office, turn around time is generally less than an hour via fax. The fee for the service charged to the applicant as part of their application fee so it really costs me nothing.

Re: credit report - Posted by Lee

Posted by Lee on December 31, 1998 at 01:32:30:

Try “http://www.experian.com