credit building? - Posted by mike

Posted by Bruce Lawson on May 14, 2002 at 04:42:22:

Hi Mike,

I would suggest you get a second credit card and treat the exact same way you treat the one one you have keeping your debt/income ratio in tact. Continue paying ontime with your mortgage, those three accounts will give your credit score a solid foundation. You also should make some effort in getting away from the co-signer, and getting the mortgage in your name exclusively.

Your employment information is impotrant on your report, but weather or not your self employed will not reflect on your score as much as your D/I ratio and other factors. Keep all your tax information as proof of income as most lenders will want to verify it for granting you a loan.

Sincerely,

Bruce Lawson

credit building? - Posted by mike

Posted by mike on May 14, 2002 at 04:18:07:

What are the best things I can do to get my credit to be viewed as great. I currently have owned a home for three years with a co-signer. I have been self-employed for about 6 months I pay all my bills on time and to my knowledge have no one i owe money to. I have one credit cards that is always paid off in full usually every month. What else can i do to build my credit so I can get home loans all day long. Your response is greatly appreciated Also I went without a taxed job for two and half years before becoming self-employed, anything to clean that up on my credit? or does it even matter?