CRE Online Convention 2002 - Posted by J.P. Vaughan

Posted by Dee-Texas on December 16, 2001 at 20:26:52:

CRE Online Convention 2002 - Posted by J.P. Vaughan

Posted by J.P. Vaughan on December 15, 2001 at 09:35:03:

Join Us For The Real Estate Event Of The Year…
At The Creative Real Estate Online Convention 2002

We are holding our fifth Creative Real Estate Online
Convention, and we sincerely hope you will join us for
the BEST creative real estate event of the year.

EDUCATION, NETWORKING, BRAINSTORMING…
We Promise You The Opportunity You’ve Been Waiting For!

Eleven (11) well-known educators and authors have agreed
to teach you TONS of solid, real-life information in their
specialized areas. No vague theories or double talk here,
folks. Just the real, honest-to-goodness “inside” scoop
on how to make money with real estate, paper and mobile
homes. Real education from real people who are really
doing deals in TODAY’S marketplace.

NEW==> SIX PRE-CONVENTION WORKSHOPS

PLUS, as a result of your requests, this year we are adding
something NEW: An optional whole extra day and night packed
with six (6) different in-depth 4-hour workshops.

WARNING: WE WILL SELL OUT EARLY!

We will definitely sell out early for this Convention.
Attendance has increase dramatically every year, and we
almost sold out last year. We are limited to 600 seats.
Make your reservations EARLY so you don’t get locked out.

You can get COMPLETE details at:

http://www.creonline.com/convention/convention2002.html

Make your reservation today. We are REALLY limited to 600
seats. That’s all the hotel can hold. REALLY! Don’t risk
losing the opportunity to attend this life-changing event.
Reserve your seat now.

Terry, Jeanne and I are looking forward to seeing you in
person.

Sincerely,

JP Vaughan

Done & done. - Posted by Redline

Posted by Redline on December 16, 2001 at 16:35:35:

OK I’m booked and ready to go.

I need my a$$ kicked in a big way, so I figure the convention would be a good place to get going again.

Can’t wait - just not psyched about flying.

RL

Re: CRE Online Convention 2002 - Posted by Jay

Posted by Jay on December 16, 2001 at 11:25:46:

I’m in between a newbie and a pro in terms of knowledge and am considering going to my first convention. My question to previous convention-goers, what did you find more helpful, the speakers or the networking? Also, anyone from the Boston area plan on going?

Re: CRE Online Convention 2002 - Posted by becky

Posted by becky on December 15, 2001 at 16:40:45:

where is the convention held?
thank you

Re: CRE Online Convention 2002 - Posted by Travis (Dallas)

Posted by Travis (Dallas) on December 15, 2001 at 12:43:18:

Last year was outstanding! Looks like this year will be awesome!
I was able to make enough money using a few ideas that I received that will pay for years and years of conventions.
I’m really excited about going again.
Thanks.

Re: CRE Online Convention 2002 - Posted by Rich[FL]

Posted by Rich[FL] on December 15, 2001 at 11:07:04:

I have to second David’s opinion. All the new people I was hoping to figure out a way to see all conviently bundled together in one program! Last year we kept saying we didn’t know how you were going to top that convention. I don’t know how you keep doing it, but all I have to say is you’ve done it again! See you there!

Rich

Wow… - Posted by David Alexander

Posted by David Alexander on December 15, 2001 at 10:33:40:

Awesome lineup…

New people that was intending on going to see…

And now their right here in front of me…

Way to go, JP.

See ya’ll there…

David Alexander

Flying… - Posted by HR

Posted by HR on December 17, 2001 at 05:31:29:

Redline,

I’ve flown a bunch since September 11th. It really is a non-issue. In fact, the airports are noticeably safer than pre the 11th. Hope to meet you at the convention.

HR

Might be too late for me this year - Posted by Tim

Posted by Tim on December 17, 2001 at 12:56:50:

Hi Jay,

Actually, I am planning to move back to the Boston area hopefully in February. I can’t commit to the convention until My family is settled there. But if we do get settled quickly, and I can still get tickets, I’d like to go. Actually, we’re moving back to southern Maine, and Boston is just 90 minutes away.

I MIGHT see you there…???

Sheets? What Sheets?.. - Posted by Alan in Houston

Posted by Alan in Houston on December 16, 2001 at 14:05:39:

I agree with Tim, the networking was far better than the great seminar. I learned more between 10pm and 6am than I did between 9am and 8pm. Sleep, who had time. I finally sleep Sunday night and missed my 1pm Monday flight home.

People on there first convention will want to see all of the speakers, but they should understand, many of the veteran posters will be in the bar and lobby with groups of people listening to them discussing and debating different approaches to Creative Real Estate.

I was able to spend time with Jim Piper, Jim Raynor, Ed Garzia, John Boy, HR (Hal), David Alexander, Dirk Roach, Steve Cook, Phil Fernandez, Merle Wooley, Jim Kennedy (can’t remember which one? Ha Ha, There are two of these wonderful men). I am now forgetting some of the others.

Buy these guys a beer or two and see what happens. Piper and Ed Garzia may have a training session at 2 in the morning and everyone in bed missed the high light of the weekend. Sorry we did not have a tape recorder.

If this is your second convention (or more) and you did not mingle on your last convention, you missed out on the best part of the weekend. A chance to bond with your CREOnline family. How do I know this? During my first convention in Dallas, I went to my room after dinner and missed out on these wonderful people.

Re: CRE Online Convention 2002 - Posted by TRandle

Posted by TRandle on December 16, 2001 at 11:39:48:

Jay,
My opinion may not be the typical response, but I’d say the networking SMOKES the speakers. JP, Terry, and Jeanne do a great job with the seminar portion, and that alone is worth the admission price. However, the networking is priceless.

I think I slept a total of 9 or 10 hours last year and only spent a few hours in the structured activities. For me it’s a big family reunion and the opportunities to improve my business with shared ideas are endless. I wasn’t smart enough to attend the Dallas convention (I had recently found CREO at that time), but this will be my 3rd one and not my last.

95% (recognize that number?) hit the sheets fairly early and the hard-core CREOlers frequently see 4 or 5 a.m. Occasionally, JP will make the rounds to make sure a speaker is at least going to get some sleep prior to their presentation the next day, but there’s never a shortage of the vets hanging out.

Hope that helps…

Re: CRE Online Convention 2002 - Posted by Jeanne

Posted by Jeanne on December 18, 2001 at 16:36:13:

There’s a banner at the top of the page with the full description.

Jeanne

And David’s Been To All 5 Of Em nt. - Posted by phil fernandez

Posted by phil fernandez on December 15, 2001 at 16:25:14:

nt.

Hey, David… - Posted by J.P. Vaughan

Posted by J.P. Vaughan on December 15, 2001 at 14:42:04:

I put this “warning” into the letter and the banner ad just for YOU:

“WARNING: We will definitely SELL OUT early for this Convention. Attendance has increase dramatically every year, and we almost sold out last year. We are limited to 600 seats. Make your reservations EARLY so you don’t get locked out.”

David, don’t wait until the last minute like you usually do!

JP

Re: Flying… - Posted by Redline

Posted by Redline on December 19, 2001 at 13:31:06:

Well, I wasn’t crazy about flying BEFORE Sept11 so I’m definitely not too excited about it now - but I guess I don’t really have a choice.

Yep - hope to see you in Atlanta. I’m thinking we might’ve met at the Dallas Convention but it’s been awhile.

Seeya there.
RL

A tough question… - Posted by HR

Posted by HR on December 17, 2001 at 05:44:38:

When I was first getting started, and wanted to learn everything about these creative ideas and approaches, I found the speakers to be the best part. It was great to meet Bill Bronchick, Ron Legrand, and others in person and ask some pointed questions I had at the round tables. I spent a couple thousand on books and courses, made over 50 times that following year, and then came back the second year.

My second and following years (I’ve been to every convention but the first; I’ve lost track of how many that is…) I found the networking most important. Here was the chance to talk with others in the trenches trying to do all this stuff. That kind of peer networking is priceless, even if you belong to your local reia group. Typically, your local reia group is going to be one of the best resources available to you, but, even there, folks will be hesitant about sharing all secrets because, after all, you are potential competition with each other. Not at the convention. I am constantly amazed by how much folks share and disclose to each other because they know each other from this site and because the sharing doesn’t create any competition.

Finally, I coulden’t agree with Alan more. For the networkers, the “real” convention starts about midnight. That’s when we gather the bar or a lounge, and the debates start about lease options vs sales, the pros and cons of the PacTrust, advanced subject2 issues, etc. Who knows what we will talk about this year? Heck, if you’re even lucky, you might get a free judo lesson with David Alexander! (wink!) Woe to those who go to bed early…

Looking forward to seeing you again, Alan. Hope your year has been a good one.

HR

Well Said Alan - Posted by phil fernandez

Posted by phil fernandez on December 16, 2001 at 15:30:42:

Yup we are in the vicinity of the bar area. I do remember that. But seriously, I have never seen a more friendly group of people willing to share their real estate investment knowledge, than at the CREOnline conventions.

Some one last year at the convention asked me why I go. Easy answer : I want to learn.

Hope we see you all there.

Tim See You And Kelly There nt. - Posted by phil fernandez

Posted by phil fernandez on December 16, 2001 at 15:33:46:

nt.

Now I would think… - Posted by David Alexander

Posted by David Alexander on December 15, 2001 at 17:11:31:

since you know I’m going to be there, my tickets would already be set aside… :slight_smile: at least 2 for this year.

I’ll get ahold of Terry about space for a booth also,

See ya’ll there,

David Alexander

P.S. I can see it now, I’ll be buying the scalped tickets at double the price, due to procrastination, Lol.