cost to submeter water - Posted by Benjamin Siff

Posted by marshall on October 17, 2008 at 14:45:21:

Ben, im in the same situation and i asked the county of bartow in georgia what it would cost to install 7 water meters in an 8 space park to bill tenants separatly. much to my suprise it was only 1200 per meter. i own several mobiles with land and i always had to pay 2750 to get one.

cost to submeter water - Posted by Benjamin Siff

Posted by Benjamin Siff on August 15, 2008 at 13:04:34:

Hello, I am posting here too in case some of you dont check the “other” forums. I am looking at a 5 unit park located within city limits on city water and sewer on 2 lots. Currently the 5 trailers are on one water meter. What kind of cost could I expect to put meters on all of the units? Would it be ok to expect the tenants to pay the water by having them open an account with the water company, or would it be more attractive for them if I were to included it in the rent up to a certain amount and above that they pay an overage fee? Thanks -Ben

Re: cost to submeter water - Posted by Sam Chevel

Posted by Sam Chevel on August 15, 2008 at 19:11:14:

I believe that it will cost you excatly what the city of Greenville charges to install the meters. But keep asking questions like this on the internet instead of calling the city, and you will probably be far, far ahead of the game.

Hope This Helps,
SamChevel

Re: cost to submeter water - Posted by Ben in Greenville

Posted by Ben in Greenville on August 15, 2008 at 15:10:21:

hmm thats odd it doesnt look like my post is showing up on the front page

Mark Twain said… - Posted by Dr B(OH)

Posted by Dr B(OH) on August 18, 2008 at 18:43:59:

Let us be thankful for the fools; but for them the rest of us could not succeed.

Re: cost to submeter water - Posted by Tony Colella

Posted by Tony Colella on August 16, 2008 at 06:46:46:

Sam, once again you provided no useful information, came here to show your ignorance by flaming someone who asked a legit question.

Since you have apparently show no understanding of what investing is or the issues surrounding mobile home parks, allow me to help you.

What you described the city installing is a master meter which in many locations is all the city/county etc. will install.

From here it gets tricky. Read careful. The question posted by Ben was in regards to SUB-meters. Something your snippy response did not take into account at all.

Submeters are typically installed by the mobile home park owner. There are a variety of reasons and means for doing this.

In certain locations for example, you may need to be licensed to collect and enforce the submeter payments but many park owners hire companies that take care of all this for them. These companies read the meters and bill the tenants accordingly, thus eliminating the water bill for the landlord who must pay the master meter.

The cost of the meters, intallation and service do vary so it would be important to contact companies like “If it’s water” here in Western NC or similar companies in your area. Find out just what meter they recommend, how to install them (bury/not bury, insulate from freezing etc) how they bill tenants, how they handle non-payment, what they charge etc.

Sam (if that is your real name), rather than post incorrect answers in a manner that is obviously intended to gain you negative attention, why not just read and educate yourself?

You might find that the pleasure in owning your own financial freedom is greater than that which you seem to find by snipping at those who are actually trying or have actually done so?

Tony

Re: cost to submeter water - Posted by Ben in Greenville

Posted by Ben in Greenville on August 16, 2008 at 18:26:08:

yea I wasn’t sure if he was serious or not. I mean you dont expect someone to be so passive aggressive that like out of nowhere. I guess there are trolls on every message board. Thanks Tony I will contact some private water companies in the area and ask them.