control - Posted by Matt B

Re: Great post Matt - Posted by Jim Locker

Posted by Jim Locker on December 19, 2000 at 11:19:18:

>>On the other hand, most RE investors would consider the computer field risky because of their lack of experience and education in that field, but at the same time you and your co-worker would have much less risk.

Computers are fun and easy! :wink:

I must admit, though, that one of the biggest difficulties I encounter marketing my software is exactly this; there are too many property investors who are completely illiterate WRT computers.

In this day and age, I don’t see how they manage without computers, but evidently they do…

Re: Great post Matt - Posted by Matt B

Posted by Matt B on December 19, 2000 at 09:52:49:

Very good point, Rob. When I started out, it was a risky business. But I’ll tell you what. If I had let that stop me or even slow me down, there’s no way I would have learned so much so fast. Yes, I fell on my face a number of times. Yes, I lost money on bad deals. However, after every setback, I studied it, looked into what I could do to prevent it in the future, took steps to eliminate that “risk” and suddenly the whole thing became slightly less “risky”.

What just strikes me is that it is fantastically easy to find excuses not to get going. It’s a scam, it won’t work in my area, it’s too risky, it’s a slow market… So where does that leave you? In that safe, secure job that may someday decide that they need to start laying people off, or your boss suddenly doesn’t like your attitude and fires you, or what about if the business goes under?

I learned that controlling what was going on in my life, even if that meant taking “risks” was far more preferable to allowing anyone or any business or job to have control over my life.

Re: control - Posted by Garrison

Posted by Garrison on December 20, 2000 at 15:07:42:

Matt B,

Could you do more deals full-time or about the same amount?

~Garrison

Re: control - Posted by Garrison

Posted by Garrison on December 20, 2000 at 08:16:34:

Matt B,

Pride…then the FALL. Always happens. Humility is best.

~Garrison