Contractors Needed - Posted by Fred

Posted by Nate on April 02, 2001 at 20:17:49:

Knowing Ed’s style of posting, I would bet anything he meant it about the original poster, not about you, Ron.

NT

Contractors Needed - Posted by Fred

Posted by Fred on April 02, 2001 at 18:13:42:

I need a list of good/dependable contractors I can use to get bids from on a job in the DFW area. I need to have them on site tomorrow, 4/3 to give me a bid @ 11:00. Please respond. I will need all types, dry wall, electrical, plumbing, carpenters, sheetrock, roofing, siding, masonry, landscape, flooring, etc. If one or two can do it all, that’s fine. I need to move swiftly on this, so respond ASAP.

Please refer ONLY those who have references, and do GOOD/QUALITY work.

Regards,

Fred

ha ha ha that’s rich Fred good joke (nt) - Posted by SueC

Posted by SueC on April 06, 2001 at 10:11:33:

(nt)

Uhh…Nice planning, Captain Demando… - Posted by ScottE

Posted by ScottE on April 03, 2001 at 01:55:58:

With all due respect, what are you thinking, Fred?

I’m not sure I can add much more sobriety to you than Ron already has, but the finger-snapping tone to your post won’t get you too far here.

There’s an old saying, “Poor planning on your part does not necessitate an emergency on my part”

My suggestion would be for you to pick up the Sunday DMN and get cracking on the phone like a telemarketer.

Scott

Is that all you want?? - Posted by Ron (MD)

Posted by Ron (MD) on April 02, 2001 at 18:27:51:

Fred,

If you get what you’ve asked for (i.e., a bunch a great contractors to show up at your job site in about 12 hours) you are a very fortunate fellow.

Experienced investors are usually not inclined to be real helpful toward their direct competitors. Those that are almost never share their contractors. If I give you the names of my contractors, then I have to wonder if they are going to be working for you when I need them or if they are going to try to charge me more for future jobs because they have more work available to them.

I have had some luck running an ad in the help wanted classified ads…but, you have to screen them carefully and check references. Also, that doesn’t work if you want someone to bid a job tomorrow at 11:00 a.m.

I hope I’m wrong.

Ron Guy

Re: YOU ARE A MORON (NT) - Posted by Ed Copp (OH)

Posted by Ed Copp (OH) on April 02, 2001 at 18:42:43:

Say What? - Posted by Ron (MD)

Posted by Ron (MD) on April 02, 2001 at 19:59:07:

Ed,

I can’t argue with the wisdom and insight of your post. Keep up the constructive contribution here.

Ron Guy