Cheap domain registration sites? - Posted by Charity

Posted by Mike Schmidt (IL) on June 29, 2001 at 13:35:17:

Sorry, I have never heard if doteasy.com

Cheap domain registration sites? - Posted by Charity

Posted by Charity on June 27, 2001 at 21:40:32:

I know I have seen some domain registration sites that are like $15 for 2 years. Anyone have those websites?

Charity

Re: $7 Special at AITCOM.NET - Posted by Stacy (AZ)

Posted by Stacy (AZ) on June 28, 2001 at 01:08:13:

Seven dollars per year, but you have to register your site(s) by 6/29 5:30PM. I just registered another domain today. It’s also my host domain. Very reasonable, frontpage extensions, and lots of memory for the price.

Stacy

Re: Cheap domain registration sites? - Posted by Jonathan

Posted by Jonathan on June 27, 2001 at 21:41:53:

Try www.godaddy.com

They’re like 8.95 year

Re: $7 Special at AITCOM.NET - Posted by JamesA

Posted by JamesA on June 29, 2001 at 24:45:10:

I currently (but not for long)and for the past 3 years have been with AITCOM.net BE VERY WARY of their 6 month notification for canceling hosting if you intend to host with them, it is a very bad policy and there is no way around it. (believe me, the BBB heard about them)

Hope this helps,

JamesA - maryland

Re: Cheap domain registration sites? - Posted by Sam

Posted by Sam on July 13, 2001 at 09:17:27:

Try http://Secure-Domains.Com

Great support over there

Sam

Seems to load slowly… - Posted by Ed Reilly

Posted by Ed Reilly on June 28, 2001 at 10:20:15:

anybody else having that problem with godaddy.com?

Re: $7 Special at AITCOM.NET - Posted by Stacy (AZ)

Posted by Stacy (AZ) on June 29, 2001 at 01:17:10:

James, why are you moving to a different host? Let me know if you found a host that offers comparable features. I’ll look into moving when my next six months is up. Yes, you’re right about the six month intervals. Didn’t bother me. But if you’ve got something better, I’m all ears.

For those that want to register a new domain, it’s still a good deal. You don’t have to host with AIT. I’m concerned about fly by nite operations that wil either disappear, that have terrible uptime stats, or that don’t offer good service & tools. I’ve been very happy with AIT so far in all regards. But I’m open to change.

Stacy

Re: $7 Special at AITCOM.NET - Posted by Mike Schmidt (IL)

Posted by Mike Schmidt (IL) on June 29, 2001 at 12:39:33:

Not sure what options you dont want to loose that AIT offers but for a cheap solid host look into netfirms.com. For $60 yr. I believe it is, you can remove the banner ad they put at the top of your page. I have 4 personal accounts and 10 customer accounts hosted with them and have never seen any of these sites be down. Servers are as fast as anyones I have ever tried.

There are many good hosting companies out there with a 30 day cancel policy. I stopped using AIT close to 2 years ago and never looked back.

Re: Thanks! - Posted by Stacy (AZ)

Posted by Stacy (AZ) on June 29, 2001 at 12:47:06:

Thanks, Mike. I’ll look into netfirms.com. By the way, doteasy.com was also recommended to me. Any insights?

Stacy