challenge for you - Posted by will

Posted by Floyd on December 12, 2000 at 14:18:22:

I must agree with you Joel. Eventhough I am very new to investing & am following Carlton Sheets methods, I don’t limit myself to just Carlton. I absorb the energy of a variety of Guru’s & implement them into my situation. I’m just plain old excited about anybody that can teach me how to play this game…

challenge for you - Posted by will

Posted by will on December 10, 2000 at 23:32:41:

list the best guru and describe why in one sentence.this’ll be fun.

Re: challenge for you - Posted by Rob FL

Posted by Rob FL on December 13, 2000 at 09:04:45:

LeGrand. His concept of a “transaction engineer” forces you to think creatively with each situation in order to solve it with the best solution. (Of course this assumes you want to do residential quick-turns and not some other field of REI.)

Great Gurus in Different Areas-Warren - Posted by Shawn W

Posted by Shawn W on December 13, 2000 at 06:10:53:

Agreed. Different Gurus reign supreme in different areas of R.E. Investment! Houses, multi units, mortgages, flips, Rentals, L/Os, Forclosures, Tax Deeds, Asset Protection ect. Lets catagorize them into a few for clarity. For example Michael Warren gets our vote for Judgement and Liens, Bad Debts, Adult Congregate Living Facilities, Discounted Mortgages, Prepaid Legal and Advice, Off Shore Protection and Investment and Automated Teller Machines. In these areas he has no Peers!

you guys be more specific - Posted by will

Posted by will on December 12, 2000 at 14:41:18:

name your guru(s) and why he’s the best.
HR , HOLD YOUR HORSES AND DON’T MAKE ASSUMPTIONS JUST BASED ON THE QUESTION . I’VE QUIT WORKING FOR OTHERS SINCE 97 AND I’VE BEEN A REALIE EVER SINCE

Re: challenge for you - Posted by Tim Conde

Posted by Tim Conde on December 12, 2000 at 13:21:43:

Because I wasn’t afraid to work, take risks, or apply his teachings, Sheets is my pick.

Tim

Re: challenge for you - Posted by HR

Posted by HR on December 12, 2000 at 05:37:26:

If you want to get ahead financially; if you enjoy “beating the system” (which in the case of rei means buying homes worth thousands for pennies on the dollar); if you enjoy the thrill of the hunt (and not just the joy of the acquisition); if you are competitive and have some serious spine; if you enjoy tasting the elixer of financial independence with each, new conquest; If you can say Yes to these things, you will find this business fun. (Sorry, but I need two sentances: If you can’t say yes to this, stay an employee. Your life will be safer, but far less profitable.)

HR

PS. The best guru is the one best suited to your niche of rei. Legrand is not a great guru for rental property management; Jeffrey Taylor is. Bronchick is not a great guru for how to rehab; Legrand is. Figure out what you want to do, first, then find the expert who is doing it and master all that stuff. Good luck

Re: challenge for you - Posted by joel

Posted by joel on December 11, 2000 at 13:01:23:

Will,

There is NO 1 best guru. I have at least 6 gurus in my library and they are all great because they give different ideas and approaches. This is not a cookie cutter business, because every case is different.

Joel

Re: you guys be more specific - Posted by HR

Posted by HR on December 14, 2000 at 23:44:25:

Legrand: quick turn real estate.
Jeffrey Taylor: rental property management.
Bronchick: asset protection.

HR

Tim, can you give details? - Posted by Dave

Posted by Dave on December 22, 2000 at 13:04:58:

Tim,

I have a lean towards Sheets but I have never heard about any others. I have seen the Sheets info and I am aware that if I DO the work, I will have a chance at being successful.

Can you give some details about how you got started. Do you have any info about others that caused you to choose Sheets instead? Thanks.

Dave

You Da Man - Posted by Greg

Posted by Greg on December 14, 2000 at 17:23:45:

nt