Cell Phone Number in Ads/Bandit Signs - Posted by Sharonda (NOVA)

Posted by JT (CA) on April 25, 2002 at 24:46:57:

Boy, it must be investor town where you live Rob. In my area though, I have less competition, but I am running into some competitor ads now from just nowhere. I’ve even considered calling it just to find out how they’d reply to my inquiry… hehehe.

Cell Phone Number in Ads/Bandit Signs - Posted by Sharonda (NOVA)

Posted by Sharonda (NOVA) on April 22, 2002 at 21:06:21:

I’d like to answer all calls on the spot, rather than a 24 hr recorded msg. Considering putting my cell on the signs.

1)Has anyone ever put a land line on their bandit signs?

2)Has that made it easier for the county to prosecute?

-SW

Re: Cell Phone Number in Ads/Bandit Signs - Posted by JT (CA)

Posted by JT (CA) on April 23, 2002 at 24:40:25:

You might be better off adding call forwarding to your local phone (land) line. This service is widely available, just ask your phone company about setup costs, monthly charge, etc.

The only difficulty with this is that you have to make sure you set it up to forward to your cell phone number on the actual phone, totally inconvenient because if you forget to forward and leave your house, your forward will not work that day.

I don’t think putting your cell number on the signs is a great idea because there are too many things that could go wrong with a cell phone, such as, WHAT-IF you lost your phone, you’d be changing numbers more often than not, because if it was theft, your service provider would want to keep your service alive to catch the thief, WHAT-IF you can’t answer calls because your phone has no signal because you’re in a tunnel, underground, or you’re simply in a dead zone? WHAT-IF you’re on the road and your battery lost charge? You’d have to have your voicemail greeting set up anyway to answer calls, in case you cannot answer.

In my opinion, I think a land line is much better to use for such a sign because if you’re home, you can readily answer the phone. If you have call forwarding, you can actually forward the call to another number, and it doesn’t have to be your cell. What if you’re visiting a relative for a week? You can forward your calls to that number, makes it convenient.

Not sure about your question on prosecution. To my knowledge, I’ve never heard of anyone being prosecuted by violating a local ordinance banning placing bandit signs. Even so, why would you worry about a $25 fine or whatever it costs, when you can potentially make $10,000 on a great deal. Check your medulla oblongata if you’re that worried.

All the best!

Re: Cell Phone Number in Ads/Bandit Signs - Posted by Rob FL

Posted by Rob FL on April 23, 2002 at 13:30:35:

If it doesn’t ring to your cell phone or get forwarded there then you will miss 50% or more of the people who call. Most don’t leave messages and don’t call back a 2nd time. Especially if there are a dozen other ads or bandit signs out there with other investors numbers on them.

Re: Cell Phone Number in Ads/Bandit Signs - Posted by Sharonda(No.VA)

Posted by Sharonda(No.VA) on April 23, 2002 at 09:19:28:

Thanks so much for the thorough response. I already have call fwding on my line and can now use it for that purpose.

I’m also planning to get caller ID. How do you greet your “motivated sellers” when you answer the phone?

What type of voicemail message do you have? Has it been your experience that people hang up rather than leave a msg? That was the main reason I considered the sign thing.

Thanks again,

Sharonda

Posted by JT (CA) on April 23, 2002 at 16:06:04:

What you mention is true Rob and in many cases than not, they probably never call back and just pray their miseries get solved somehow without action on their part.

Not sure about how your service is set up in your state for the phones but as far as I know, in my area, if you forward your call, it doesn’t affect a machine attached to the phone at home. Most machines are either set up to answer on the 2nd or 4th rings and if you have call forward, your land phone only rings once, which means the machine never answers the call. So it shouldn’t be a problem if you did forget to forward as long as there is a machine.

All the best!

Posted by JT (CA) on April 23, 2002 at 15:43:59:

What you mention is true Rob and in many cases than not, they probably never call back and just pray their miseries get solved somehow without action on their part.

Not sure about how your service is set up in your state for the phones but as far as I know, in my area, if you forward your call, it doesn’t affect a machine attached to the phone at home. Most machines are either set up to answer on the 2nd or 4th rings and if you have call forward, your land phone only rings once, which means the machine never answers the call. So it shouldn’t be a problem if you did forget to forward as long as there is a machine.

All the best!

Re: Cell Phone Number in Ads/Bandit Signs - Posted by Rob FL

Posted by Rob FL on April 23, 2002 at 16:07:21:

In Central Florida what they do is call down a list of ads or call down a list of numbers they wrote down. If you don’t get their phone call, they call the next investor on the list and you just missed a possible deal. They don’t ignore the problem. There are 10 other investors on their list to call.

1 Like

What type of voicemail message do you have? I changed my mobile and bought Samsung Galaxy A12, but there is a problem listening to voicemail.