Carlton Sheets:Should I send it back?? - Posted by Chad

Posted by Raghib on April 13, 2002 at 17:42:43:

Bob i definately agree with you, I’am also a CS student
apply the techniques as seek other information from this board you will walk away with a wealth of knowledge to apply to your RE investing.

Carlton Sheets:Should I send it back?? - Posted by Chad

Posted by Chad on March 18, 2002 at 07:24:40:

Man…after reading several threads on this website, I am wondering if I did the right thing by ordering Carlton Sheets’ Program. I just got it last week, do you advise that I send it back or can I really make this thing work?
I really want to get into the real estate business and I am a very motivated person. Any comments would be appreciated. Thank you.

Re: Carlton Sheets:Should I send it back?? - Posted by paul

Posted by paul on March 20, 2002 at 06:00:27:

My stupid bro-in-law bought this program back 8 years ago when he had a really good job as a manager at a Denny’s. He was foolish enough to sell his house and buy a duplex that he renovated one of the units and his family lived in the other. (The other tenants were paying his mortgage payment). He then rented out his unit and borrowed against the duplex to put a downpayment on a new 4 bedroom home. He eventually sold that duplex and made $50,0000. He took that money and bought an 18 unit building 3 years ago. He sold it this summer and made $350,000, and bought 30 units with the profits. He did this mainly from what he learned from Carleton Sheets. Needless to say, he doesn’t work at that good job at Denny’s anymore.

He talked us into Real estate investment about 5 years ago. We own 24 units and make about $4500 a month. Last week, we were offered $80,000 more on a 4 unit we bought less than two years ago. After backing out our downpayment and factoring in the cash flow, we had only $3,000 in it. $80,000 return on a $3,000 is quite a bit better than my 401k. Last year my wife and I were both working for a company that merged with another one and on the same day, we were both let go. Had it not been for the rental income, we would have really been in trouble.

That’s my testimonial. Should you send it back? Yes if you aren’t going to take any action in getting into investing. It isn’t difficult, but it does take work and talking to lots of the right people. Also, it is important to form a good network of mentors, bankers, and other investors.

Re: Carlton Sheets:Should I send it back?? - Posted by JoeP(VA)

Posted by JoeP(VA) on March 19, 2002 at 18:13:41:

I bought it as well and thats how i ended up finding this website (www.creonline.com)…I thought the course was fantastic and i was especially interested in the mobile homes chapter, i think its chapter 21…anyhow, im doing my first mobile home deal now, and im going to use a lease option to purchase it…but anyway, if you want to see positive things from carletons course , then you will…if you want to see negative things, then you will…the bottom line is, its all up to you…take the course, get some knowledge and you will feel the money was well spent…dont rely on what everyone says…find what works for you in the course and get started right away, it changed my life and it could change yours…

Re: Carlton Sheets:Should I send it back?? - Posted by stan

Posted by stan on March 18, 2002 at 21:59:45:

i bought the carleton sheets course 2 years ago…after reading and studying the course i decided to give it a try…and guess what?..for me it worked. I now have 17 units and i make an extra 1650 per month plus i have equity worth a quarter of a million…ive also been able to pay down my personal debt and have provided homes for both my grown children…i never would have done any of this if it werent for carletons course.
What i found in the course were 3 techniques that worked for me…lease options,contracts for deeds, and using equity lines… I agree that some of carletons techniques may be outdated and some seem a bit farfetched…but some of them work. Find one or two that work for you and get good at those techniques. You may suprise yourself as i have …good luck

Re: Carlton Sheets:Should I send it back?? - Posted by Mike S.

Posted by Mike S. on March 18, 2002 at 15:28:29:

I Just also got the CS program about 2 1/2 weeks ago. It’s pretty interesting for someone new the game. You should absorb as much as you can from it and move on to other sources of real estate investing. Put it this way, this is the reason why I bought it, Your going to blow your money on something else any way so might as well get it and take what you can get out of it. I bet you once you finish the program and you start looking for homes you’ll come up with so many ways to acquire that home your interested in. Hope this helps.

Re: Carlton Sheets:Should I send it back?? - Posted by Mike K.

Posted by Mike K. on March 18, 2002 at 09:08:17:

Well, I remember a few years ago when I bought it on a “whim” and didn’t really care about real estate back then. Anyway, I listened to 1 tape, and read a chapter and just called them telling I wanted to send it back. At that point they offered to let me have it for a lot cheaper than I paid if I didn’t return it. Well, I still returned it.

These past few months I’ve been interested (VERY interested) in real estate and have been reading lots of articles and reading lots of posts on here.

Anyway, the point is call them and tell them you want to return it, and you can probably keep it for a lot cheaper than you paid for it. I also heard the same thing from other posters on here before.

Re: Carlton Sheets:Should I send it back?? - Posted by Russ

Posted by Russ on March 18, 2002 at 08:15:57:

In my opinion,Carleton’s techniques are confusing and hard to follow.But I also believe that there is some good information in everything.There probably isn’t one perfect course out there,although some are better then others.I say keep it,and get what you can from it.Chew the meat and spit out the fat.Everybody has there own opinion,like joe said,read it.It can’t hurt,and who knows,maybe you’ll get something out of it.
Good luck
Russ

Re: Carlton Sheets:Should I send it back?? - Posted by JoeS

Posted by JoeS on March 18, 2002 at 07:39:58:

Why send it back? There is a lot of useful info in there. Have you read it yet? Decide then.

Re: Carlton Sheets:Should I send it back?? - Posted by bob

Posted by bob on March 20, 2002 at 08:23:47:

I guess he should send the couse back & save the $180!!!

Re: Carlton Sheets:Should I send it back?? - Posted by Juan Rubio

Posted by Juan Rubio on July 18, 2004 at 11:05:20:

People i see everyone has been suckered in to Carltons course, all you are doing is making him rich for information you could of gotten for free from your local library and bank. If you go to a bank and ask for a financial advisor, they will teach you how to make money without buying a course. People who buy these courses are people who have always loved to be spoon fed. People all i’m trying to say is do your own homework research and you will be as rich as i am in 1 year worth over 22 million and growing every month. I have provided the key to success for free, now use it or loose it.

Juan

Re: Carlton Sheets:Should I send it back?? - Posted by Jeff

Posted by Jeff on March 21, 2002 at 15:36:39:

Can you please explain contracts for deeds. I also bought his program and am looking into real estate so far though i dont know how to get started

Re: Carlton Sheets:Should I send it back?? - Posted by Patrick,in MO

Posted by Patrick,in MO on April 02, 2002 at 14:26:54:

It’s funny that you give the secret out, cause I did the same thing except I took it for a 3rd of the cost and now I am on my 3rd investment property. C/S works only if you want it to, and I want it to.

Re: Carlton Sheets:Should I send it back?? - Posted by Chad

Posted by Chad on March 18, 2002 at 10:23:40:

I have only JUST started to read Carlton Sheets’ Program. I was only debating on sending it back because of some of the posts that I have read on here. I will do what Joe suggests and finish the course and then decide. I just really want to supplement my income and from reading in here, it sounds like there are SEVERAL, SEVERAL ways to do it and I just simply want the best way to do it in the easiest format possible. Thanks for your comments. If you have any helpul hints or tips, I sure would appreciate it. Thanks
Chad

Re: Carlton Sheets:Should I send it back?? - Posted by bob ¶

Posted by bob ¶ on March 18, 2002 at 12:22:14:

Forget about the quotes on this web page talking bad about the program. I thought it was well worth the money! For the cost, it has much more info in it then some of the courses being sold here (sorry editor - just my opinion.