Carlton Sheets - Posted by Rob

Posted by PBoone on October 29, 1998 at 10:53:13:

great book

Carlton Sheets - Posted by Rob

Posted by Rob on October 28, 1998 at 11:50:08:

Has any contractor used this course to buy fixer-uppers and turned a profit. It seams to me that they would be easier to buy with no money down.

Re: Carlton Sheets - Posted by Gary

Posted by Gary on October 28, 1998 at 19:41:44:

Rob,

If rehab work is your specialty, than I would consider reading a book by Kevin Myers “Buy It, Fix It, Sell It, Profit!” It’s about a $20 book and convers every thing
you need to know about how to develop a plan for buying, fixing, and selling single-family homes for a minimum profit of $10,000. His methods are based on hiring contractors to do all the hands-on-work and you play the role of the project manager. He even tells you how to secure financing for the entire project.

Its a small investment for an abundance of information.
Buy the book, I know you will enjoy reading it and finding out how simple it is. I use some of his methods to help my buyers who have very little of their
own money, get into homes that required some major repairs, have the repairs completed before closing and they did not have to put up a dime of their own money to have them done.

I target rehab properties and many of my local investor
friends do the same. It’s quick and easy money.

Good luck,
Gary

PS I think the book is available on this web site.

Re: Carlton Sheets - Posted by Carol

Posted by Carol on October 28, 1998 at 16:48:49:

Why limit yourself to contractors? Many of us have learned a lot of useful principles from the Sheets course, and other sources, to buy and/ or control properties and flip them, with or without rehab.
Got some specific questions? No doubt you will get some good answers… and good luck.
Carol