Carleton Sheets' Personal Coaching Program... - Posted by Brandon Treat

Posted by Jimmy the real estate redson on July 31, 2000 at 12:41:59:

listen people carlton sheets is a crook his teaching course is nothing more than a way for HIM to make money not you spend your money on a down payment or on some other tried and true investments
this man isnt out to make you anything other than BROKE !!!

Carleton Sheets’ Personal Coaching Program… - Posted by Brandon Treat

Posted by Brandon Treat on July 28, 2000 at 05:35:50:

Hello to all, I am new to this site and have already found quite a bit of helpful information, but one in particular is that almost every single piece of posted information about the coaching program is very negative… I am about to finish coaxing my father into cosigning a loan for a couple thousand dollars just to be able to get into the coaching program. I am very lost on my own and can’t seem to get off the ground so a coach seems like the next logical step but with so many people saying such things about it…

If anyone could let me know their opinions it would be appreciated, I have little but excellent credit, pretty much no money, and more debt than I care to think about and am at the end of my rope. Should I go ahead and spend all that money hoping I get a good mentor that actually cares about helping me? Should I look for a private local investor and pay him to help me out? Thanx for your time…

Re: Carleton Sheets’ Personal Coaching Program… - Posted by Tammy

Posted by Tammy on August 03, 2000 at 24:59:53:

Bradon, It’s kinda risky in anything we do in life, especially when it involves our hard earned money, our families money , our assets , or our sense of security in general. I cannot speak for anyone but myself so take this as just another opion, with a grain of salt (as my grandmother use to say). I am in my second week of Carlton Sheets coaching program. It was something my husband wanted to do. I believe in him and his choices so I said I would support and help when I could. Needless to say he has dumped the whole thing in my lap!! Now as a general rule I like someone in the background encouraging me and patting me on the back when I do well. The coach I have been working with does enough of this so far to satisfy that need. BUT, it takes alot of self motivation on my part(the $2400.00 helps!) to complete the assignments he has given me. I feel like I am learning and I really want to make this work. So, I won’t give up . But, everything in the coach’s program is in your manual, and your tapes. For the money they ask for this coaching program , I suppose you really have to need some hand holding to justify it. If my husband wouldn’t of already spent the money, the books and tapes he previously purchased would still be sitting on the shelf, waiting , for me to find the time. Bottom line is : If it would push you to become accountable for completing the assignments to purchase property , it will be worth every dime. But if you blow the coach off every week and don’t make a 100% committment , forget it , I think you should save your money. I don’t think a person doesn’t need Carlton Sheets to learn and get invloved in Real Estate , there are a lot of really bright self motivating people and tons of information out here.But, I am one to need a boost. Good luck whatever you decide.

Re: try this - Posted by simon

Posted by simon on August 02, 2000 at 23:11:30:

Try asking Carleton to give you the course for free. Then, when you make your first purchase, you will pay him 1.5 times the normal price.

It’s a numbers game. Can’t hurt to ask.

Re: Carleton Sheets’ Personal Coaching Program… - Posted by Chris

Posted by Chris on July 30, 2000 at 20:35:48:

I posted this once; don’t see it. Hope it doesn’t show up twice. I wasnt aware that he still has a Personal Coaching Program. A few things that he talks about, I would like some explanation. For example, he says to NEVER buy anything less than a 3 bedroom home - he never says why. He also mentions to NEVER make a security deposit the same amount as the rent. Why is that?

Re: Carleton Sheets’ Personal Coaching Program… - Posted by John

Posted by John on July 28, 2000 at 20:49:14:

Read The post right below yours and also read your course and listen to your tapes DAILY . I havent gotten anything yet but i will because i will not stop until i do .

Re: Carleton Sheets’ Personal Coaching Program… - Posted by Sally Bost

Posted by Sally Bost on June 30, 2001 at 16:27:25:

They charged you $2400? They are quoting me almost $3100 but I don’t think I am going to do it - my salesperson pushed too hard!

Re: try this - Posted by Sally Bost

Posted by Sally Bost on June 30, 2001 at 16:29:07:

Yes, it is a numbers game. They told me they have taught 20,000 students @ $3100 each, that equals $62,000,000!

Re: Carleton Sheets’ Personal Coaching Program… - Posted by alan

Posted by alan on July 31, 2000 at 09:58:36:

3 bedroom houses rent/sell easier than anything else.
Don’t make your deposit the same as rent because most likely the tenant will look at it as rent which it IS NOT, it is for possible damage to the property

Re: Carleton Sheets’ Personal Coaching Program… - Posted by GL

Posted by GL on July 29, 2000 at 09:50:41:

I advise you and everyone else not to waste your money. Use the loot for a down payment on some property. You will learn more than any coaching program LOL.

If you need coaching this board will provide more and better advice. You should also talk to local investors, real estate professionals,lawyers etc.

I also get the feeling that the desire or confidence to get into the RE investing business is lacking in some people. If this is the case no mentoring program will help you.

Re: Carleton Sheets’ Personal Coaching Program… - Posted by Bill

Posted by Bill on July 30, 2000 at 07:45:56:

I agree. I’d also suggest finding mentors at a local real estate investment club.

Re: Carleton Sheets’ Personal Coaching Program… - Posted by Chris

Posted by Chris on July 30, 2000 at 20:11:10:

I wasn’t aware that he still had a Personal Coaching Program. A few things that he talks about, I would like some explanation. For example, he says to NEVER buy anything less than a 3 bedroom home - he never says why. He also mentions to NEVER make a security deposit the same amount as the rent. Why is that? I’m still not very clear on what a second mortgage is. Could someone explain that.

Re: Carleton Sheets’ Personal Coaching Program… - Posted by Robert

Posted by Robert on July 31, 2000 at 21:10:52:

The first thing I’d like to comment on is Jimmy’s comment. Obviously he has never been involved Carlton’s course and if he has, he never gave a good effort. Next, I would say to anybody new to investing, don’t listen to the “naysayers”. These are the people who are always putting other people down and have nothing but negative things to say. What is funny is that most, not all, of these people are the same one that don’t have property of their own. Always keep an open mind. Not all techniques will work for everyone and you must use the ones you will feel comfortable with. As for Carlton saying to only buy 3 bedroom homes, that is a little off. He states that these are the “bread and butter” properties and the ones that will stay rented the most because of the high demands for them by families. As for the security deposit, he advises to call them indemnification deposits for IRS reasons. Its the connotation. Security deposits are seen as income by the IRS and indemnication deposits are to indemnify the owner against damage to the porperty by tenants. The reason he suggests that the amount be different than rent is because the tenants will think that it can be used as lasts month’s rent. If you ask for first,indemnification, and last month’s rent up front, the chances of problems are less likely. Also, if the tenant breaks the lease, they will forfeit the last month and indemnification deposit. Incidentally, I am new to real estate investing, but I am purchasing my second duplex as we speak and its with no money down. Remember there is always a way to buy with no money down. It depends on the seller’s wants and needs and the buyer’s financial situation. You just have to fit the technique to the situation.