Carleton Sheets Home Study Course - Posted by Tim Lyles

Posted by TIM on November 20, 1998 at 13:53:31:

THANK YOU RUSS. I REALLY APPRECIATE YOUR ENCOURAGING THOUGHTS ON THE COURSE. I TO WOULD LIKE TO BECOME SELF EMPLOYED THROUGH REAL ESTATE INVESTING SOMEDAY. I DO FEEL LIKE THE MATERIAL IS VERY GOOD BUT YOU ALWAYS HAVE THOSE PEOPLE WHO TRY TO DISCOURAGE YOU FROM SUCCEEDING IN LIFE. THANK YOU ONCE AGAIN FOR YOUR INSPIRING COMMENTS. CONTINUED SUCCESS ON YOUR INVESTMENT OPPORTUNITIES.

GOD BLESS YOU,

TIM

Carleton Sheets Home Study Course - Posted by Tim Lyles

Posted by Tim Lyles on November 20, 1998 at 07:18:18:

i purchased the no down payment course and would like to know if anyone else has purchased it? also if you have been successful with the material? i am a novice and i would be open to any and all advice on this course. thank you…

Re: Carleton Sheets Home Study Course - Posted by DJ

Posted by DJ on November 27, 1998 at 15:16:14:

Tim,
I have the course. Have read it several times! It’s a good place to start, but I wouldn’t look forward to being on one of his infomercials anytime soon! It takes time to sharpen your skills! I think alot of the hype on his commercials is made up, but hey, he’s a salesman! Not saying that it couldn’t happen the way some of those people say, but those stories are the ones that make people jump up off the couch, whip out that credit card and call! He knows how to get your adrenaline pumping! R.E.investing is an adrenaline rush
when everything comes together like, getting that first offer accepted, and then accepting your first offer! It’s great! But it’s not all fairy tales! There’s alot of sleepless nights due to both excitement,and worry! But if you believe in yourself, can take critisism, learn from your mistakes, DO YOUR
HOMEWORK, and be able to walk away from deal if it’s no good, you will do fine! Just be patient, it won’t happen overnight! Make sure you’re confident in what you’re doing before you make you’re first offer!
If you can do that, then as Tony Montana(Scarface) says: “The World Is Yours”! I wish you the Best!
DJ

Re: Carleton Sheets Home Study Course - Posted by darla nassif

Posted by darla nassif on November 24, 1998 at 11:01:50:

Hi Tim, I have started to review the cs system for the third time. I have also signed up for the personal coaching system. I really feel like it will work for me because I will make it work! I am new to this area and I have spent my whole morning reading the posts! I am happy to hear there are so many successful cs people out there that I can chat with. i am about to make and offer on a 5 ples and several other multi family units in my area of colorado. lets keep in touch. darla

Re: Carleton Sheets Home Study Course - Posted by Gordon

Posted by Gordon on November 23, 1998 at 23:46:49:

Hey Tim,
This is in regards to your concerns regarding Carleton Sheet’s home study course. My wife and I purchased the course back in May of this year. We purchased our first rental property in July (we were a little slow to the draw), a no down deal from the owner, without a real estate agent. We borrowed $2,500 for a down payment and assumed the loan without qualifying. It took us one month to fix-up the property and rent it. We have great tenants, in fact our phone was ringing off the hook with prospective tenants. We did a great job cleaning the place up, so it was easy to get the rent we were asking for. Our tenants pay us by or before the first of every month (make sure to run a credit check on applicants you are seriously considering renting to). Not only did we purchase this home with no money down, we have $20,000 of equity in the property; more than enough to take out a 2nd mortgage or equity loan to purchase another home.

We are now in the process of purchasing our second rental home. We put in a bid on a VA foreclosure this time and will know the results by tommorrow or Wednesday at the latest. If we get the house then we will have approximately $ 30,000 equity, maybe $35,000, in this home after we fix it up. I am focusing on deals in which I can obtain instant equity of at least $15,000 to $20,000. And believe me, there are plenty out there.

We are very excited and enthusiastic about this course and all of the opportunities within our reach!
If we only had this info sooner!!! This course contains all of the information that you need to begin investing in real estate. Some of the best advice Carleton has given to me is to meet real estate agents who can help you. We found one agent in particular who has done the same thing we are doing (of course she is older with plenty of experience and she is now a millionaire!) and she told us that she would act as our mentor. The information in this course has given me the confidence that I needed to begin this exciting part of my life. I feel that I now have the tools that I need to succeed! Like Carleton says: If at first you don’t succeed, try, try, try again, don’t give up, persist, persist, persist. That is the only way to overcome those feelings of dispair (and believe me, you will have them).

Sorry for the long letter, just had a lot of things I thought were important to share, and I am excited about my future, I have BIG goals.

Good Luck Tim, (What have you got to lose!)

P.S. I know a lot of people probably think that letters like this might be from someone at Carleton Sheet’s office, but, I am a real person, not affiliated in any way with his business. Dare to dream, and you can make your wishes come true.

Thanks, Gordon

Re: Carleton Sheets Home Study Course - Posted by Richard J

Posted by Richard J on November 21, 1998 at 23:23:08:

Tim,
I’ve had the course for about two weeks and I am not quite finished going through it for the first time. I am also a novice and would enjoy corresponding with you regarding any success you might have. I’m amazed at how many people seem to make these ideas work. I live in Sandy UT. Good Luck

Richard Jackson - webnix@worldnet.att.net

Re: Carleton Sheets Home Study Course - Posted by Russ

Posted by Russ on November 20, 1998 at 11:33:05:

Hi Tim; Well, I recently completed the Sheets course.It took about 2 weeks and I’m currently going through it a second time. When they say you probably will get more out of it the second time around, they are right. The good news is that I’m about ready to close on my first deal. I won’t go into minute specifics but this first transaction will allow us to move into a bigger, nicer, home while saving $200 a month on mortgage. I never would have thought it possible because I am self employed and in bebt up to my ears. Banks tend to shy away from people like me. But not all of them. I found a lender who is willing to work with me. This isn’t a classic no money down deal but it is a 5% down deal. The Sheets course gave me the confidence to negotiate it and we’re the better for it. So I enthusiastically endorse the course! You can accomplish much by just utilizing the material you’re given but I think you’ll find that it scratches the surface of many intriguing areas you may want to look into further. They give you the means to do that with their extended courses, or you can ply the pages of this site for leads on other related info or courses. In this first deal I’ve paid for the course many times over. May it be the same for you!Russ Sims

Re: Carleton Sheets Home Study Course - Posted by Mike

Posted by Mike on November 20, 1998 at 22:11:49:

I got his program for under $200 for the idea of buying a house after renting for years(!!!). It gave me the confidence to negotiate and in July I bought a house worth 96k for only 1800 down with a VA loan and I was up to my eyes with debt (180k after med school!). I never EVER thought anyone would give me credit with all my slow/late credit card payments as well as put little down. I paid over 45k in rent over the past 4 years and vowed I’ll never do it again. Once I bought this house you won’t believe how many houses out there I see that could be bought little/no money down! Only now do I realize I didn’t need a VA certification to get a little money down deal, but it made it “comforting” to me as I bought my first home. Well, getting long, but I hope you get as much out of the course as I did, even if it is just the confidence to “JUST DO IT”!