Carleton Sheets (and company) - Posted by Frank

Posted by Candy cane on December 24, 1998 at 09:47:25:

Jimbob,you are a hero. Ijust wish that my friend would apply those principals to himself;unfortunately since I started investing in real estate he has grown lazier than ever “if he does repairs/wouldn’t hold an outside job!”(I think it’s a waste of his life) don’t you ever turn back.
Iwish you and yours and everyone on this board,many many years of happy investing,thank you for your questions/answers/ideas/messages.
Happy holidays.candycane (on the quiet side)

Carleton Sheets (and company) - Posted by Frank

Posted by Frank on December 23, 1998 at 10:46:55:

Well, after reading everyone’s messages, I admit that I was a bit overbearing. I was impressed, however, with everyone’s responses. Everyone here seems to be on the ball, and approaching this whole process realistically and pragmatically.

Again, I do not want anyone to get the impression that I was elevating college education as the only worthwhile pursuit. My parents are not college educated, and they are the smartest people I know.

Anyway, I did not mean to be a downer around Christmas. Merry Christmas everyone, and I wish you all success.

Potential poor dad to be - Posted by PBoone

Posted by PBoone on December 24, 1998 at 10:55:40:

as is said about education, “You Can educate yourself to work for money or you can educate yourself to have money work for you”
Pat

Re: Carleton Sheets (and company) - Posted by Jimbob

Posted by Jimbob on December 23, 1998 at 14:02:08:

Frank,

Just remember this, life is what you make it, you can be negative and go nowhere, or you can be positive and do whatever it is you want to. I used to be a negative person because I had no path to follow, real estate investing gave me that path. In your travels you will run across plenty of negative people, when you do, take a look at what they have done both financially and personally. You’ll find one common thread, they have nothing. Life will always throw you curveballs but it’s how you deal with the negative things that will determine how successlful you are!

Seven years ago, I was an alcoholic and had nothing, I was negative and didn’t care about anyone or anything. I got fed up with that and turned my life around, got sober and found my real estate investing niche’. Today I own over a half million dollars in real estate, and have a very cush computer job that pays over $50,000 per year, good things come to those who try to better themselves!

Jimbob

Classic Twain - Posted by HR

Posted by HR on December 24, 1998 at 16:52:18:

“Never let your schooling interfere with your education.”
Mark Twain

Re: Carleton Sheets (and company) - Posted by darla

Posted by darla on December 23, 1998 at 16:44:35:

Thanks Jimbob for the inspiration. I needed it today. That was a wonderful story of hope and what a positive attitude can accomplish…tlct=d