Can't help but think there is a deal here... - Posted by Ben (NJ)

Posted by Jim IL on December 19, 2000 at 19:54:29:

Ben,
Rather than “Handle” this at all, I’d go on a mission for facts.
Contact the owner just like you would any other and get all pertinent info.
Why has the home not sold?
Are you SURE it is the location?
what else is wrong?
Price?
Terms?
Repairs?
Liens?

Gather all info, and then come here with some of it.
I’m sure you’ll get a better response that way.

Good luck,
Jim IL

Can’t help but think there is a deal here… - Posted by Ben (NJ)

Posted by Ben (NJ) on December 19, 2000 at 19:13:55:

every single day on the way to my office I drive by a nice house on a very busy road in a good neighborhood that has been for sale for about 2 years. It was listed, listing expired, then the guy tried FSBO, no luck, now it has been listed again for the past six months with no bites. The guy moved out 9 months ago so he has just been carrying it like an albatross. I know a big part of the problem, it is on a very busy road which is mainly commercial porperties and has NO front yard or back yard. No one with kids would touch this property. It was listed at $379,000 six months ago but I’m sure it is much less now. Obviously, he is VERY motivated by now but if the house won’t move it won’t matter how good a price I get it at, right? I certainly don’t want be stuck with it either. This is also a VERY hot market around here. Stuff is going in a day for more than asking price and here this sits. How would you pros approach something like this? Any ideas would be appreciated.

Re: Can’t help but think there is a deal here… - Posted by DavidV

Posted by DavidV on December 19, 2000 at 22:56:21:

If the majority of properties around are commercial have you looked at the commercial potential of this property? Doctor’s office, dentist office, etc.