Cannot locate agent for REO - Posted by Pam

Posted by Pam on October 27, 1998 at 20:55:19:

On my REO listings, it shows the listing agent (bank) and the contact person (a realtor). Just call the bank directly.

Cannot locate agent for REO - Posted by Pam

Posted by Pam on October 27, 1998 at 14:28:07:

What steps should I take if every time I call the number listed for an REO listing, nobody knows who is handling the property? I’m told to call back next week. The woman said maybe by then they will know who’s handling it. Isn’t there a better way?

Re: Cannot locate agent for REO - Posted by Millie I.

Posted by Millie I. on October 27, 1998 at 23:53:55:

Pam,

Next time, call and ask for the broker/manager, he or she will have no trouble giving you info on the agent or the property. You will get more solid information plus more reliable answers, after all, it is the listing agent’s boss your are talking to.

If the bank is local, calling the bank may or may not get you somewhere, depending on the bank. If the bank is out of state, and they have hired a realtor to handle the sales, then they may not take time to talk to you.

Millie I.

Don’t waste… - Posted by L.A.

Posted by L.A. on October 27, 1998 at 14:54:53:

Don’t waste your time with real estate agents on r.e.o’s…go direct & deal with the lender.

That’s what I do !

Hope this helps

Re: Cannot locate agent for REO - Posted by PBoone

Posted by PBoone on October 27, 1998 at 14:43:40:

I would find out who owns the house (bank) and call them to complain. Maybe they would work with you directly in the future.
Pat

Don’t waste… - Posted by HankTX

Posted by HankTX on October 27, 1998 at 19:05:44:

How do you do that?