Can This Be Done? - Posted by Shawn

Posted by Shawn on October 25, 1998 at 21:33:48:

Mr. Donald,

Thanks for the info on the refinancing. I take seasoning to mean time?

Here are some of the details on the property-

The home is a 2 bed, 1 bath, single family fixer-upper priced at about 30% below market value. At a minimum it needs a new roof, a little sheet rock repair here and there, paint, and carpet. To make it look real nice - siding, CH&A, and a little remodeling in the kitchen and bathroom. Repair range is $3500-8500. Profit range could be anywhere from $3000-$6000 if I turn around and sold it again.

I haven’t decided for sure if I want to rent it out or sell it. If I rented, I could net $150+ a month. However, I’ve never been a landlord before.

Any advice?

Shawn

Can This Be Done? - Posted by Shawn

Posted by Shawn on October 24, 1998 at 13:50:20:

The wheels in my CREative mind have been turning. Does anyone know if the following scenario can work?

I’m getting a first mortgage on my house (it is paid for). The bank is giving me a 75% LTV cash out loan. I’m going to use the loan to by a rental property. Can I, a few months down the road, refinance the loan at 90% LTV no cash out, and walk away from this closing with cash to purchase another property?

Re: Can This Be Done? - Posted by LAURE

Posted by LAURE on October 25, 1998 at 22:15:27:

I don’t mess with a re-hab unless I can profit $10,000.

Yes! - Posted by Mr Donald (NORVA)

Posted by Mr Donald (NORVA) on October 24, 1998 at 14:10:36:

With a little bit of seasoning, YES! Happens all the time.

Share the details about the rental property that you’re contemplating and we’ll see if that’s a good deal for you too.