Can i do this without a realtor licence? - Posted by Arthur

Posted by Arthur on May 18, 2004 at 03:42:11:

Thats a good point! never thought about that. Thanks :slight_smile:

When i mean lazy, i mean they don’t actively try and sell properties. And i’m not talking about creative. I tried to buy some land, told the agent i was going to pay cash, and he REFUSED to supply me with details. I don’t know if its because i like to deal in emails (have proof of what has been said, and easy to keep a record on properties).

Can i do this without a realtor licence? - Posted by Arthur

Posted by Arthur on May 17, 2004 at 15:39:42:

The realtors in my area realy p me off as none of them seem to want to sell properties. I had an idea of setting up a FSBO website where eventually people would pay, say, $50 (more if they wanted to include things like pics etc) to list their property.

It would purely be a site where people list their properties…i wouldn’t do any showing around or anything, my job would be to maintain the site, maybe take pics for people etc.

Can i do this or would i still need a realtor licence?

Re: Can i do this without a realtor licence? - Posted by DP (ON)

Posted by DP (ON) on May 17, 2004 at 17:36:00:

Think about it… if you needed a license for that, then the newspaper would need a license to run real estate classified ads too.

BTW, what do you mean by the agents not wanting to sell properties? I’ve certainly come across my fair share of lazy realtors. But 9 times out of 10 the reason they’re negative about working with creative investors is because creative investors rarely pay cash, and often try to weasel them out of their commission on top of it.