Calculating FICO score - Posted by Ken

Posted by karp on November 11, 1998 at 21:27:40:

Call a loan broker…only problem here is each time you pull it, your score goes down. Funny world isn’t it?
Okay, I guess not.

Thanks,

karp

Calculating FICO score - Posted by Ken

Posted by Ken on November 11, 1998 at 11:29:51:

Can anyone explain how I calculate my FICO score from the standard credit report?

Ken

Here’s one way. - Posted by HR

Posted by HR on November 12, 1998 at 06:10:31:

Ken,

Make friends with a mortgage broker. Have him/her pull your record and tell you your score. He/she is not supposed to do this, but they will on the side. No big deal. Let him/her know you want to do business with him/her for your re investing, and if he/she believes you, he/she should do this.

A guy in my local reia group is a mortgage broker. I asked him the same thing, and this was the solution he gave me. Didn’t concern him in the least. He would like my business, and I would like the info. Win/win for me.

Hope this helps. Good luck!

HR

Re: Calculating FICO score - Posted by Ken

Posted by Ken on November 11, 1998 at 14:45:39:

OK. If I cant calculate it, is there somewhere I can find out what mine is? I have some commercial mortgages with a bank, would they have it available?

Re: Calculating FICO score - Posted by JohnD(CO)

Posted by JohnD(CO) on November 11, 1998 at 12:49:11:

no, you would have a better chance obtaining the plans and materials to build a nuclear device. I have seen evidence that nuclear devices exist, I have not seen evidence that a logical FICO score calulation exists.

Easy as Pi… - Posted by karp

Posted by karp on November 11, 1998 at 11:47:36:

That is to say 3.141592653587 and I can’t rememeber any more…

If anyone knew exactly how to calcualte a FICO score then they would also know how to manipulate it. It is an even more closely guarded secret than your tax audit “point system”.

The FICO score is one of my hot buttons so rather than me rant about it and in so doing, give out dangerous information, let me instead encourage you to go go henceforth and search the internet for all of the abuses and problems associated with said FICO score…

That way you will learn far more than I can share and you will come to hate the FICO scoring system as I do…

Thanks,

karp
aka Karl Hartley

Thanks All - Posted by Ken

Posted by Ken on November 12, 1998 at 13:16:18:

I have someone in mind that can probably do this for me. I appreciate all the help and answers to this one. I thought it would be something I could figure myself; go figure, the banks keeping your credit rating (FICO) secret so they can further complicate the issue for you. Sheeesh.

Ken