buying judgments - Posted by luke-NC

Posted by mikenel on June 01, 2004 at 14:30:44:

I also am in the midst of a deal where i am attempting to purchase a judgment at about 15 cents on the dollar (from a relative of a seller who sued and won). I am trying to figure out how to locate this individual and approach them. I have the relative’s name, but that all I have to go on. Is a full title search necessary just to get this person’s whereabouts? Also as far as getting the person to sell the judgment, all I could come up with is telling them that the house is going to auction. Some suggestions/help would be very appreciated. --mikenel

buying judgments - Posted by luke-NC

Posted by luke-NC on June 01, 2004 at 24:18:41:

I have a deal coming up where if I could buy a judgment on the property at around 10 cents on the dollar, i could have a heck of a deal.

The judgment holder is ford motor credit, a fairly large financing institution, and i dont know who to talk to about buying a judgment from this huge company.

I’m leaning towards just talking to the attorney who filed the suit, as this firm seems to handle all of their suits.

Right way to go or should i just do some searching at the company?

Re: buying judgments - Posted by Bulletbobb

Posted by Bulletbobb on June 01, 2004 at 08:35:34:

I think you would contact the attorney for the judgement holder, but why would they sell the judgement for such a large discount? Have they been trying to collect for a long time? They’ll need a reason.

BB