Buying first Investment from a FSBO or a Relator? - Posted by Travis

Posted by GREEKVESTOR on November 03, 1998 at 23:37:54:

Just because a property is offered as FSBO does not necessarily mean that you can buy it cheaper than a similar property offered for sale with an RE Broker!

I’ve found that many FSBO owners get overzealous and try to pocket the Agent’s commission.

The key is “flexible seller”, rather than FSBO purchase or purchase with Seller’s Agent involved.

If I may recommend, try to find a buyer’s broker. They’ll do wonders in your case. They work for the buyer.

Recently, my broker found me a 54K vacation home, which appraised 95K by the lender. Of course, I grabbed it before it flew away from me. Now, I will REFI for “cash-out”, get my investment deposit back, and stash about $12,000 in my pocket!

Buy a cheap property to minimize your initial risk, with enough rental income to pay its own expenses. Try FANNIE foreclosures.

GOOD LUCK!

Buying first Investment from a FSBO or a Relator? - Posted by Travis

Posted by Travis on November 03, 1998 at 19:28:30:

I’m just beginning in real estate investment and am curious what everyones opinion is on dealing with a seller that has an agent compared to a person that is listing their property FSBO. What are the advantages and disadvantages of each etc.