Buyers list - Posted by NEMatt

Posted by NEMatt on March 31, 2008 at 07:02:10:

Thank again for all your help Michaela you have been more than helpful…

Matthew

Buyers list - Posted by NEMatt

Posted by NEMatt on March 30, 2008 at 13:04:02:

Hi again all…
Ok so i have a list of about 30 possible buyers in my area, however i only have addresses on them (obtained through county recorders office)not phone numbers… what is the best way to approach the situation… Mailing letters??? and what information do i need to get from them… to make sure they are what i’m looking for and vise versa…
thanks
Matthew

Re: Buyers list - Posted by Jim

Posted by Jim on April 01, 2008 at 17:49:38:

One way I built a buyers list is to run a deal of ours through the local newspaper in that area. It said:

Investor Special
ARV = 150k
Asking 65k
Call for details

The phone rang a lot. We left the ad in the paper even after the assignment to build a bigger list.

One more thing we did to beef up the buyers list, is we called everyone who advertised that they buy houses. You have to weed out the fellow wholesalers when you call them though.

Hope this helps.

Re: Buyers list - Posted by michaela-CA

Posted by michaela-CA on March 30, 2008 at 14:43:21:

Matt,
you’re not that exact about who these buyers are. Am I correct to assume that you may have seen properties being rehabbed and got ownership info from the county recorder,
assuming that these are Real Estate investors looking for potential deals? If so, have you googled their names? You may find email addresses. Also, see if permit information is publicly available info on line. That might include ph numbers. I would then call and ask if they would like to receive a flyer by email/fax on an upcoming deal that you may have.

Michaela

Re: Buyers list - Posted by Carmen-SC

Posted by Carmen-SC on March 30, 2008 at 14:27:01:

How did you get these “possible buyers”? Is it just a shot in the dark? Is it just addresses (e.g. apartment dwellers; renters; etc.) or did you actually DO something, speak to them, get them to contact you and tell you what they want?

If it’s just a “list” that you put together or bought without actually getting the buyers to contact you in some way, it’s not going to be very useful.

However, if you still want to contact them, of course you can mail to them. It’s best to have a 2-3 prong approach. You can find phone numbers (but remember the Do Not Call List if they did not contact you first!), through www.zabasearch.com (the best I’ve found so far). Then you can mail them something; call to “make sure they got the correspondence”, and then follow up again through mail or phone.

Re: Buyers list - Posted by NEMatt

Posted by NEMatt on March 30, 2008 at 15:03:38:

Yes but it seem’s that everything i found was owned by LLC’s… Who have had numberous purchases and sales within the last 180 days… So would the permit be taken in the name of the LLC or the person owning it? I’m new to all of this and trying to somehow get a list together before i try to get anything under contract… Any ideas… Thank you for your time and suggestions.

Matthew

Re: Buyers list - Posted by NEMatt

Posted by NEMatt on March 30, 2008 at 14:43:09:

Actually i went to my county recorders office and went through transactions over the last 180 days… Taking names of LLC’s that have made numberous purchases and sales in that time period… So no i have not contacted them… but i do know they are buying and selling property… What should i say or ask when or if i mail them… Thank you for your response and suggestions
Matthew

Re: Buyers list - Posted by michaela-CA

Posted by michaela-CA on March 30, 2008 at 15:50:27:

Matt,
yes, the permit would normally mention the owner, the contractor/builder and the architect (unless that varies from state to state?)

I would not only look for multiple buyers with 180 days. A lot of times you will be able to make a little more profit from those rehabbers that do one house at a time. The LLC with multiple purchases likely do their own buying - but of course there are exceptions.

The average rehabber may have to work on the house for a couple of months and then sit on it for a couple of months (in today’s market) before he/she sells it. So, they may only buy 1 property in an 180 day period.

Just some food for thought

Michaela

Re: Buyers list - Posted by Carmen-SC

Posted by Carmen-SC on March 30, 2008 at 15:05:27:

Ah, I see we were a little on different wavelengths. I’m always looking for buyers for my rehabs … you’re looking for investors for your wholesales.

Nevertheless, the idea of mailing, calling, then mailing is still not a bad one! :slight_smile: If it’s a company, you can look in the Division of Corporations web site for your state and look up their annual reports which usually gives you the officer’s names and/or phone numbers.

Do you have a list of available properties? Or are you just starting to bird dog? If you do have properties, put them in a list and mail that, or call and just ask them if you can send them the list, and then you can start a converstion on what they are looking for specifically. Put something in writing, even if it’s just a business card or postcard, and get it into their hands.

Probably the best way to keep in touch with most buyers these days is by e-mail; try to get that info!

And remember that YOU will have to do the pursuing. As a rehabber, I don’t chase bird dogs. I let them come to me. I get a lot of emails daily from bird dogs, which is good. After a few contacts from them, I know which ones are worth looking at and which ones never seem to have any great deals, or try to make too much on their flip. Try not to burn any bridges; one bad deal can pretty much end it.