Business Notes - Posted by Bill

Posted by Thomas K. Standen on January 06, 2004 at 12:33:35:

I am vaguely aware of Mr. Lisogar’s book, from seeing it available on various web sites from time-to-time.

As far as I know, it is the only book in the marketplace, other then “Goin Downtown” dealing with business notes.

However, I have no first hand knowledge of its content, or quality of information, other than the mention Jon Richards made about it in an article he wrote about “Goin’ Downtown” in his NoteWorthy Newsletter back in April or May of 2002.

Sorry I can’t offer you more in that regard…

Thomas K. Standen
North American Loan Servicing

Business Notes - Posted by Bill

Posted by Bill on January 03, 2004 at 10:16:34:

What is the best source of educational material to use for learning how to buy/sell/broker business notes?
Bill

Re: Business Notes - Posted by Thomas K. Standen

Posted by Thomas K. Standen on January 03, 2004 at 20:28:15:

There’s not much available out there, but even if there was, I think I could safely say that David Butler’s “Goin’ Downtown - The Complete Guide To Making Money With Business Notes” would probably be at the top of the list. I recall the late Jon Richards mentioning to my wife at the NoteWorthy Convention back in 2002, that he felt it was “the best book to come along in the note business in the past 20 years”. I personally believe David’s “Tin Can Alley” is right up there in that category, but Jon was correct about “Goin Downtown” too.

Quite a piece of work, with extensive explanation of the entire spectrum of the issues involved. It’s 400 pages also includes a great deal of information about risk evaluation, due diligence, structured purchases (including multiple examples of partial purchase techniques, and a full section on all the things one must consider in buying partials and preparing partial purchase contracts); advanced techniques that can be used in other types of note deals as well; case studies; sample interviews; checklists; several types of sample contracts; and every form you’ll need to have for almost every class of viable business note.

It’s so voluminous - you can always soak it… will make a great boat anchor too. :slight_smile: Seriously, it’s quite a load of excellent material for any serious note finder or investor. I think you’ll certainly find it to be your top resource for business notes.

Thomas K. Standen

Re: Business Notes - Posted by firefox

Posted by firefox on January 06, 2004 at 04:46:05:

What do you think of Ed Lisogar’s The Business of Business Notes?

Re: Business Notes - Posted by Bill

Posted by Bill on January 03, 2004 at 21:04:12:

Where do you find it?
Bill