business cards ideas - Posted by walter_IL

Posted by Jim IL on May 11, 2001 at 12:17:04:

walter,
K.I.S.S. (Keep It Simple… Seriously, or something like that.)
This has been discussed here quite a bit, and if you search the archives you will find a ton of info and ideas on business card design.
Honestly though, do not worry about this much if at all.
This is a SMALL, very small thing to deal with.
Your business card should simply say “what you do?” and how to get ahold of you?
I like my simple business cards, they are on BRIGHT HUNTER orange card stock, and printed with black raised letters.
The front of the card simply says, “I Buy Houses” in the center in BIG BOLD print.
The rest of the front simply has my name, my company name, address, phone number, e-mail address and website URL.
My phone number is printed directly under the “I Buy Houses” part, and also in BIG BOLD text.
That is after the main thing I want people to see and read.
I do not use fancy logos, sophisticated fonts, or flashy style cards, whats the point?
Any of these things will simply make the cost of the cards go up.
I like the bright coloring because this makes it stand out when placed on bulletin boards, or amoungst other cards.

Good luck to you,
Jim IL

business cards ideas - Posted by walter_IL

Posted by walter_IL on May 11, 2001 at 09:36:36:

I am looking for layouts for the business card. Would you mind sharing with me the way you designed your business card?

How many colors do you use?

Thanks,
walter_IL

Re: business cards ideas - Posted by Patience

Posted by Patience on May 12, 2001 at 03:43:31:

I have created my own on the word processor and printed them on card stock from the office store. It is a basic design with company name, my name, telephone and email, and stating that I specialize in single bedroom residences. Sometimes I print messages on the back. I also put them on the magnetic cards you can buy at the office stores, and put them on the refigerators in my units. Although dirty, they are usually still there when the tenants move.

Re: business cards ideas - Posted by Tim Jensen

Posted by Tim Jensen on May 11, 2001 at 15:29:12:

Walter,

I would go to Office Depot. For $9.99 you can buy 1000 business cards. They are a template. It allows you to make a simple business card.

Good Luck,

Tim

Re: business cards ideas - Posted by Ed Reilly

Posted by Ed Reilly on May 11, 2001 at 14:42:49:

www.iprint.com

These sites, and probably many others, give you templates to choose from to help you design your card if you want something fancy looking. But listen to Jim…just what you do (buy houses) and how you can be reached. I used the flourescent index cards to attract attention on bulletin boards. They are ugly, but they sure draw attention.

Ed.