Bought my first MH - deal #1 on the horizon - Posted by Ryan B (KS)

Posted by Anne_ND on May 15, 2007 at 11:15:47:

Nice, Ryan, very nice.

I would have done the same thing with the vinyl that you did. I’m impressed with your monthly payments, very cool.

Yep, it’s real!

Anne

Bought my first MH - deal #1 on the horizon - Posted by Ryan B (KS)

Posted by Ryan B (KS) on May 09, 2007 at 12:22:11:

Thanks to all the helpful advice I’ve gotten from Rueben Flores and the rest of you, I’ve bought my first MH. I get the title tonight on a 1994 3/2 18x60 in good condition. Needs some minor cosmetic work on the interior (patching drywall, kitchen floor vynil, etc.), but it was a great deal at $3500! I’m thinking to sell it for around $10k as is, and I’ve already got an appointment to show it scheduled for Thursday.

Hurray, I feel very good.

Ryan B
Kansas

follow-up - Posted by Anne_ND

Posted by Anne_ND on May 15, 2007 at 08:37:20:

Ryan,

How did your showing go?

Anne

Re: Bought my first MH - deal #1 on the horizon - Posted by Michael(KCMO)

Posted by Michael(KCMO) on May 09, 2007 at 22:19:14:

Ryan,

I’ve heard rumors of your existence. :wink: You’re in Lawrence, right? Sounds like a decent deal you have there. Feel free to give Ruben or myself a call if you have questions along the way.

We look forward to meeting you in person at one of our Friday night get-togethers.

Regards,
Michael(KCMO)

P.S.
For title/lien questions on that side of the state line definitely call Ruben. I’m on the MO side.

Re: follow-up - Posted by Ryan B (KS)

Posted by Ryan B (KS) on May 15, 2007 at 10:59:13:

Great! I got a call yesterday, and they decided to buy the home. I’m still learning so I know I made a mistake in our negotiations. We’re scheduled to sign the paperwork next Monday. I bought the home for $3500, sold it for $9500, 24 payments of $426, for a (ridiculous) yield of 162%. Yikes!

My mistake was that I agreed to a $500 down payment b/c the buyers didn’t have enough available cash to give me $1000 and fix the kitchen floor vinyl, which was peeling off rather severely. In retrospect, I wish I’d have agreed to pay for the vinyl replacement out of my pocket and gotten the bigger down payment, and a slightly higher purchase price. Well, live and learn…

Man, I feel really good! It is just so easy to be successful using Lonnie’s system. I bought my first MH last Wednesday, sold it five days later for a 162% yeild…Can this be real? Am I dreaming?

Re: follow-up - Posted by Ryan (NC)

Posted by Ryan (NC) on May 15, 2007 at 20:46:51:

“Can this be real? Am I dreaming?” Unfortunately for most people this will only be a dream,but yes it really can be this easy! Congratulations stepping to the head of the class and knocking out the first one! BTW, How can you be saddened or think it’s a mistake to make 162%??? I’d take it without the work any day of the week! :wink:

Best wishes,
Ryan Needler