books on flipping - Posted by charles

Posted by Tony (CA) on May 28, 2001 at 21:10:40:

Andy,

The book is a pretty good start at setting up your business, but it is far from complete. Any mainstream book that you can find in a bookstore is going to be rather general. As others have said, a course you can buy here, or on eBay, is going to be more detailed. Reading this newsgroup is a less expensive, though very valuable, resource at your disposal.

You will also need other, running-a-business type, knowledge to be successful. While it is attractive to just delve into the nuts-and-bolts of the flipping business, it is assumed that you’re considering these aspects of running a business. No amount of reading is anything like the education you?ll receive by going out and searching for deals in your area. Your neighborhoods, city, state is probably going to be different from the authors of a book or course. Your background, too.

Bronchick is an attorney from Denver. LeGrand is a former service station owner from Jacksonville. Both of these fellows (along with others, too, I?m sure) have great courses. Myers is an MBA graduate and former Coast Guard officer from Albuquerque. They all have slightly different topics they highlight. Yet your market is probably going to be different than those three describe. So you are going to have to discover the best way for your own journey, although it will go much faster by learning about others who have walked before you.

To your success!

Tony

books on flipping - Posted by charles

Posted by charles on May 25, 2001 at 13:54:11:

i would like too know if there are any books on flipping i could buy at a book store thanks all charlie

Re: books on flipping - Posted by John

Posted by John on May 26, 2001 at 02:34:43:

William Bronchick has one comming out in July I think it is… for around 15 dollars.
You can pre-order it at Amazon.com .

Re: books on flipping - Posted by Joe(NY)

Posted by Joe(NY) on May 25, 2001 at 15:15:34:

You can get that book on www.half.com for less. I got my copy there. Good deals.

Re: books on flipping - Posted by Tony (CA)

Posted by Tony (CA) on May 25, 2001 at 14:54:46:

A good general book you can get at a bookstore is “Buy It, Fix It, Sell It” by Kevin Myers.

Tony

Re: books on flipping - Posted by andy

Posted by andy on May 28, 2001 at 16:03:21:

Tony, I was thinking of getting that book because I can’t afford a course yet, I’m still saving up. I’m in the process of setting up my flip/wholesale business. Is this a good book to help me lay out my business plan? thanks

andy

Re: books on flipping - Posted by Chuck

Posted by Chuck on May 25, 2001 at 16:28:07:

A good book. Good look into the fixer/rehab market.

If you are looking to do different types of flips, you may have to invest in a course.